Royal- second guessing cabin selection

thegoaliegirl

Hello! I'm starting to majorly second guess my cabin selection. I have C241 and C245 booked on the Royal for next year- needed connecting insides, one is a triple occupancy. On deck 9, there is a lot of blank space below these cabins. Is it something I should be concerned with? Traveling with young kids, so we will not be staying up late.

Seems like my nest best option is aft- R714/716, R715/717, A714/A716 or A715/A717. The kids have never cruised, so I am concerned about the ships movement being so far aft.

Two balconies are not an option at this point, as they are currently twice the price of an inside.

Hello! I'm starting to majorly second guess my cabin selection. I have C241 and C245 booked on the Royal for next year- needed connecting insides, one is a triple occupancy. On deck 9, there is a lot of blank space below these cabins. Is it something I should be concerned with? Traveling with young kids, so we will not be staying up late.

Seems like my nest best option is aft- R714/716, R715/717, A714/A716 or A715/A717. The kids have never cruised, so I am concerned about the ships movement being so far aft.

Two balconies are not an option at this point, as they are currently twice the price of an inside.

I wouldn't worry too much about sound traveling UP. If something is banged around below you, the sound would have to travel up from floor level to the ceiling and through the rather large space between levels, then through your floor (carpet, etc).

We preferentially book Aloha/Riviera aft on the Grand class ships and can occasionally hear the sun loungers being moved in the AM when the deck hands are organizing. It's never bothered us.

Never noticed a lot of movement back there and the Grand class ships are smaller than the Royal class.

If they're less expensive back there...go for it. Otherwise, stay where you are.

my friends with two kids were in R715 on our last cruise on Regal. The ship is so huge, and this being the cabin in the back - you won't feel a thing. The front of the ship moves a little more.

They didn't complain about any noise or soot on the balcony, but my friend said she rarely used the balcony anyway.

I would have a lot more concern about those cabins you listed on the Riviera deck as there is white / blank space ABOVE them ... at least the Caribe deck only has the white space below them.

Ultimately, you want to be located in a cabin that is sandwiched in between cabins.