Can you tell a difference when ships break their routine?

MisterOJ2

So, I sort of asked this question in another thread with other questions about sailing on the Ecstasy and didn't get any real answers to it.

I just booked a 7-day cruise on the Ecstasy next year out of Jacksonville. It's a bit of an anomaly because it's the only 7-day cruise that ship is doing the entire year. Every other cruise is either 4 or 5 days. I never even normally look at Jacksonville, because I only like doing week-long cruises, but I just happened to notice this one and I booked it.

But, it made me wonder - does it make a difference in the cruise experience? If a ship and the crew is used to doing things on a 4 and 5 day schedule, will it make a difference on a longer cruise? The entertainment schedule will have to be different. The galley will have to prepare dishes that they're not necessarily used to as well, right? What other things will the crew have to do differently that I'm not thinking of? And do you think the crew will be better because they are breaking out of their rut, or a bit off their game because they're doing something different?

I know there's probably not a definitive answer to this question. But, I'm curious to hear opinions. Or anecdotal stories from those of you who have taken a cruise like this, where a Carnival ship is off its normal routine.

Thanks!

I can tell you the crew likes a different routine ,going to different ports other than the same ones over and over , who wouldn't :D . The atmosphere is different and their in a better mood.

This is not exactly the same, but... I was on a cruise where we unexpectantly skipped a port and had an extra sea day (because of severe weather). So they added a lot of stuff to the daily schedule to keep us entertained and spa specials, etc. Everyone seemed to take it in stride (the crew, I mean, not necessarily the passengers.)