Ruby Riviera deck - secret door?

Deesquared

Hi everyone!

I just put a deposit on a cruise on the Ruby for next year - yay! I had emailed a cruise consultant and asked for a balcony and an inside cabin across the hall from each other, specifically R744 and R742. When she called me back, she said the balcony I wanted wasn't available so she booked me in R750. I wasn't in front of my computer at the time, so I didn't realize it was the aft-view premium cabin.

Soooo...although I should call her and have her switch it back to R742 (which definitely IS available on this cruise), I may just pay the extra and stick with the aft-view.

My question for all of you, is where does the door lead that is just outside this cabin? Not the one by the Terrace Pool, the one right on the port side. Does this go out to a stairway that goes down to Aloha deck or up to the Lido deck? I can't figure it out from the deck plans. I'm just wondering if it is a heavily used door to acess public areas.

Thanks all!

887816870_Screenshot_2018-08-02DeckPlansPrincessCruises.png.bd6c8c60bddf34d78314dbe86ac62325.png

Hi everyone!

I just put a deposit on a cruise on the Ruby for next year - yay! I had emailed a cruise consultant and asked for a balcony and an inside cabin across the hall from each other, specifically R744 and R742. When she called me back, she said the balcony I wanted wasn't available so she booked me in R750. I wasn't in front of my computer at the time, so I didn't realize it was the aft-view premium cabin.

Soooo...although I should call her and have her switch it back to R742 (which definitely IS available on this cruise), I may just pay the extra and stick with the aft-view.

My question for all of you, is where does the door lead that is just outside this cabin? Not the one by the Terrace Pool, the one right on the port side. Does this go out to a stairway that goes down to Aloha deck or up to the Lido deck? I can't figure it out from the deck plans. I'm just wondering if it is a heavily used door to acess public areas.

Thanks all!

That door leads to crew only stairs.

Sometimes used for passenger muster.

I have never seen it used much on the passenger cabin decks.

We've had cabins right next to that or similar crew door/stairs and heard or saw very little activity. What there was occurred during the day, never during the night, so no issue at all.

Hi everyone!

My question for all of you, is where does the door lead that is just outside this cabin? Not the one by the Terrace Pool, the one right on the port side. Does this go out to a stairway that goes down to Aloha deck or up to the Lido deck? I can't figure it out from the deck plans. I'm just wondering if it is a heavily used door to access public areas.

Thanks all!

Remember that episode of Frasier where they joined this club & kept trying to get "higher" up the scale by getting to go through the "next" door. If the door is "gold" I'd take a pass;p