NCL Epic - Day trips to Capri from Naples?

bbarr91

Hello,

My girlfriend and I will be on the Epic later this month and stopping at Naples. We're opting to go to Capri in hopes of both seeing the blue grotto and exploring the island. We have some excursions through NCL but I think the Capri options are fairly limited personally so I've been exploring other options. Wanted to see what folks have done or are planning to do that allows them a fairly full day in Capri and most importantly returns back to the port in Naples in time to board.

My primary concern is that most companies that offer excursions don't speak English too well so I think that's been a barrier to getting the information I'd like. I don't know anything yet about the waiting time to board a ferry on either side (imagining from Capri -> Naples is fairly long so I want to plan accordingly) and I don't fully trust the trip duration listed on Trip Advisor to give me a full picture.

Either way, any advice is greatly appreciated! I have a few that I've looked at and really like so if nothing else, affirmation that I can stop stressing and go for it is always welcome! :)

Hi,

We're sailing on the EPIC soon and I just did tons of research on this. It depends on your budget. You can hop on the hydrofoil right next to the cruise port direct to Capri and hire a boat there. We opted to go with a private tour with Captain Ago. There are many companies that offer this. Joe bananas is another that comes recommended by posters here. Our tour the driver is picking us up at the port and taking us to our private boat departing from Sorrento around and stopping at Capri and Positano and then back to the port after stopping at Pompei too.

As has been said, this is a question for the ports of call board. I did it a couple of years ago. One of my favourite trips from Naples. It is so easy. The ferries to Capri are a short walk away from where the ship stops. Get off as soon as you can and go and get a ticket. There was a recent post that the early tickets tend to be sold out, but don't let that put you off. You need to discuss with others if because you are going in August that you should book ahead (maybe an 8 am ticket) and make sure you get your return.

Thanks for the answers, folks! I did not check ports of call but that is a great idea, I'll be sure to check in there.

I think in the time between posting and now, we found an option we like that checks all of our boxes - http://www.bluegrottotours.com/capri-tour-from-anywhere-in-the-bay-of-naples/

Not sure if anyone has heard of them or done a tour but they seem to be well established and highly reviewed on Trip Advisor. Going to review some of the options posted here and check out the sub-forum for Italy in ports of call.

Take the hydrofoil to Capri. Although mostly rocky, there is a small beach not far from where the hydrofoil docks. You'll be able to get boats to the grotto from here too. You can also catch the cable car up to Anacapri if you'd like to walk around and see the perfume shops, etc. Just a warning, Anacapri is where many of Europe's elite vacation in the summertime and everything is super expensive.