East /West Wayfarer June 2020

BenMurphy

Hi All

We were hoping to book onto Insignia "East West Wayfarer "25 days June 2020. Tokyo/San Fransisco.

When I look/make an enquiry I am told that it's "wait listed" Is this usual so far in advance?

This such an exciting cruise and I've added our names to the list.

We are travelling on Sirena in November and I shall ask on board.

Does anyone have experience of finally securing a stateroom after a cruise has been "wait listed"

Any tips welcome

Thanks in advance

Josie x

yes, this is an extremely popular itinerary. It is one of the segments of the ATW20 AND it is including several ports that are new-ish to O.

Japan ports and the Kamchatka peninsula port as well as Aleutian Islands are interesting to many.

Edited by cbb

That it is an ATW cruise is actually to your wait list advantage. The cruise lines hold back cabins as they do not want to sell out a single segment and so cannot take the full ATW requests. At some point they release a few more cabins. My point is the cabins might not be already sold and your wait lists is only waiting for cancellations (and there could well be cancellations for a long cruise so far out) but also that not all cabins are available for your segment booking right now.

Also, I cannot speak on how things work in the UK but if you have not placed a deposit I suggest you check with your TA. In USA/Canada at least, O has in essence two wait lists, a priority wait list for those deposited and a second wait list for those requests w/o deposits.

Thank you. This was already waiting list in May 2018. We didn't want to go on a list as we book well ahead and there was no certainty of eventually being successful.although we did suspect it was a question of cabins just not being released. We opted for the Trans-Siberian Railway instead. Hopefully Oceania will look on this as a possible future route as it seems so popular