Oasis of the Seas GREAT vacation!

I did A LOT of research before my cruise.....it was the first time on an Oasis class ship and the first cruise for my 6 and 9 year old. I'm not going to lie, after reading the reviews on here, I was a bit nervous - about MDR, about Windjammer, the shows, about the deck chairs at the pool, the wear of the ship and the room quality conditions.

It was a great ship, a wonderful itinerary, and we had a fabulous time. Not much, if anything, to complain about at all. We even had an inside cabin with four people and were perfectly comfortable all week long. Wait....I have one complaint.....I hate sharing a bathroom. Oh well.

If any practical mom out there has any questions about the Oasis and I can help - let me know. I can't answer much about the late night events as we were in the room by 10:00 p.m. every night.

We can't wait to book our next cruise!

This is such a refreshing review! We leave on November 4th, We have cruised Disney twice with our kids this is our first cruise with kids not sailing them and lately I have been reading horrible reviews. I am going into it with an open mind and telling myself I paid 1/4 of what Disney wanted and my kids are going to have an amazing time, because they aren't nit picking.

Thank you for sharing what a great time you had!

So glad you enjoyed the Oasis. We're booked for December with our then 4 year old. I'm taking the negative reviews with a grain of salt and hope we have no issues. After all, it could be worse... I could be home working and not on vacation!!

Hi, we are scheduled for it next week with kids ages 8 & 10. Packing questions, should we pack towels for kids? (You know the hoodie types?).

Any theme nights?

Any specific packing must?

Thanks! ;)

My kids LOVED the Kids' Club....they begged to go. And a lot of kids felt that way, as well. Lots of activiites - a fun time for all.

How did your kids like the kids club?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello! DO NOT pack towels - getting towels is so easy and convenient.

I didn't really notice any themed nights.

Packing musts - invest in the packing cubes. I bought two packs - so I had four large, four medium, and four small. It SAVED MY LIFE! It made organization in the room so simple and packing a breeze.

Kelly

Hi, we are scheduled for it next week with kids ages 8 & 10. Packing questions, should we pack towels for kids? (You know the hoodie types?).

Any theme nights?

Any specific packing must?

Thanks! ;)

Glad you enjoyed your cruise, the Oasis is a great ship. You also learned a valuable lesson about cruise critic, take what is said here with a grain of salt. It seems to be human nature to be more willing to post negative comments rather than positive. Thanks for your feedback.

...We even had an inside cabin with four people and were perfectly comfortable all week long. Wait....I have one complaint.....I hate sharing a bathroom...

I glad you had fun. Next time try two connecting cabins (with an inside door so you can go from one cabin to the other without going into the hall). Double the space, double the bathrooms, not that much more money usually. On the RCI deck plans these are noted with a double arrow between the cabins. Book early (a year or more in advance) as these types of cabins often go quickly.