Rome city guide/maps app(s) for Android

cruzgryphon

Hi all,

Did a search on this but couldn't find anything so my apologies if it has been asked and answered before. Next year for the first time I'll be travelling to Europe with a smartphone (that works on Google Android if that makes a difference) that supports apps like TripAdvisor, SeatGuru etc.. I was a little overwhelmed by all the apps for Rome and was wondering if there are any specific apps that people would recommend using - to find your way around, get a little bit of information about the sites etc.. I'll be in Rome for 3.5 days pre-cruise.

TIA

I used Google maps and downloaded a map of Rome pinning sites I wanted to visit and used citymapper app for bus and train schedule. Zipped all over Rome without problems. I did my research beforehand of what I wanted to see. I didn't use any apps that gave info on what I was seeing, just where

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

We have used maps.me and here we go. Like a previous poster said, we researched before our trip and pinned the places we were interested in. We had the maps on our phone and also on our tablet. Worked really well. I would give the maps.me a better rating, but they both were fine.

We just bought a prepaid SIM card for $40 that came with calling and 50 GB of data and then just used Google everywhere for maps and hours and etc. (The card also worked in Malta and Greece with no roaming penalty.) We had a pretty good idea of where we wanted to go before we went, though. We were mostly just trying not to get lost.

When we were at sites, we were usually touring with a guide.