Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

15 hours ago, mysty said:

Greetings Coolers!

Today's funny.....

recipe-use-two-cloves-garlic-got.jpg.c878a07a14a7ecb588c38c46b1194bc3.jpg

The very first time I made Lasagna, for dinner with friends, the recipe called for "two cloves of garlic". Unfortunately, I did not know the difference between cloves and buds ... after an hour of peeling garlic, I swore I'd never make the dish again. All the attendees were persona non grata for several days.

I wish I'd had this picture then - would have saved me from 50 years of mocking ... 🍺🥌

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, CurlerRob said:

The very first time I made Lasagna, for dinner with friends, the recipe called for "two cloves of garlic". Unfortunately, I did not know the difference between cloves and buds ... after an hour of peeling garlic, I swore I'd never make the dish again. All the attendees were persona non grata for several days.

I wish I'd had this picture then - would have saved me from 50 years of mocking ... 🍺🥌

But the Lasagna was spectacular right??? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mysty said:

But the Lasagna was spectacular right??? 😁

"Spectacular" would be one description, judging by some of the expressions around the table 😈.  It was somewhat removed from Black Tartan quality! 🍺🥌

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

The same happened to us, my neighbour asked for a recipe for chili con carne, it called for 1 garlic clove, she put the whole bulb in about 15 cloves!  We were invited for dinner, when we entered the house boy did it smell of garlic!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, fudge said:

The same happened to us, my neighbour asked for a recipe for chili con carne, it called for 1 garlic clove, she put the whole bulb in about 15 cloves!  We were invited for dinner, when we entered the house boy did it smell of garlic!!

I remember one of the times we went to San Francisco and had lunch at the Stinking Rose restaurant. I had the garlic bouillabaisse and Rojaan had the 40 clove chicken. We were heading east and stopped at a Factory outlet mall. Rojaan wanted to buy something at Pier 1 imports. but every time either of us opened our mouth the server took another step backwards. No idea why.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

41 minutes ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Good Morning Coolers

Sausages I have known and sometimes think about

🙂

Jeff

IMG_6447.jpeg

Give me what l call the old fashioned Hot Dog…NYC springs to mind eating on the hop! 
😊

• Like 2

For  something more fancy, in Zug they invented the Chriesiwurscht a while ago, obviously couldn't process all their cherries in schnaps. There are two versions, one to grill (which I like better) and one to heat in water.

IMG_8094.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, MissSophia said:

Give me what l call the old fashioned Hot Dog…NYC springs to mind eating on the hop! 
😊

Pre-covid for several decades we had at least two trips a year of 5 days each ,,,,, one Advent Markets the other as soon as The Swiss House opened in Prater ie early April for stelze and Budvar … and one of the main things for us (apart from pork and schnitzels etc) was Würstel Stands.  There’s nothing nicer than either for breakfast and late nights preferably in snow to stand at a stand and share some würst and at least one with freshly grated kren to clear the nasals.

A few of us on TA discussed mounting a definitive guide to all things wũrstel on a web site.  We never got around to it but just like Singapore has hawkers, Vienna has wũrstel.  

Everyone should have on their bucket list a visit to Vienna for a midnight sozzy in the snow after a punch mit schũss.

There are some rules to be ignored. 

https://viennawurstelstand.com/article/vienna-wurstelstands-etiquette/

Hohen Markt was our favourite but  Bitzinger even serves sekt or champers.

Jeff

IMG_6448.jpeg

IMG_6449.jpeg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, drron29 said:

I remember one of the times we went to San Francisco and had lunch at the Stinking Rose restaurant. I had the garlic bouillabaisse and Rojaan had the 40 clove chicken. We were heading east and stopped at a Factory outlet mall. Rojaan wanted to buy something at Pier 1 imports. but every time either of us opened our mouth the server took another step backwards. No idea why.

I loved that restaurant!  Did you have the garlic ice cream?  A very zen experience:  the bite of the garlic contrasted with  the soothing creamy mouthfeel and cold as yin and yang [or vice versa, I never remember which is which]

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, UKCruiseJeff said:

Pre-covid for several decades we had at least two trips a year of 5 days each ,,,,, one Advent Markets the other as soon as The Swiss House opened in Prater ie early April for stelze and Budvar … and one of the main things for us (apart from pork and schnitzels etc) was Würstel Stands.  There’s nothing nicer than either for breakfast and late nights preferably in snow to stand at a stand and share some würst and at least one with freshly grated kren to clear the nasals.

A few of us on TA discussed mounting a definitive guide to all things wũrstel on a web site.  We never got around to it but just like Singapore has hawkers, Vienna has wũrstel.  

Everyone should have on their bucket list a visit to Vienna for a midnight sozzy in the snow after a punch mit schũss.

There are some rules to be ignored. 

https://viennawurstelstand.com/article/vienna-wurstelstands-etiquette/

Hohen Markt was our favourite but  Bitzinger even serves sekt or champers.

Jeff

IMG_6448.jpeg

IMG_6449.jpeg

Jeff, here are the current Rankings:

https://www.falstaff.com/at/die-besten/streetfood-guide-oesterreich-2024-die-besten-wuerstelstaende-in-wien

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1