Help from anyone going on Indy soon ...

#AskingForAFriend

If anyone can spot a nice table for 2 in a not so crowded location could you please let me know the location and table number.

Not so crowded location --- ie not squashed in among tables or not where the nearest table is so close it may as well be attached.

I've heard that since Indy was amplified and now has more people on board than ever they have added tables in the dining room to accommodate the additional diners.

I have tried to help the people asking as I have sailed on Indy a couple of times but not since the refurb so my info may be out of date.

I've attached a pic of the kind of thing the folks are looking for ... see the table for 2 that isn't swamped?

Thanks in advance.

254983632_IndyTable.jpg.3df96595915ce4c8be0f8f3a9d796eb8.jpg

We were on the Indy in Oct. and had the 8 top that is located right where you were standing when the picture was taken. First thing we do when boarding is head off to MDR to find our table and make a change if we don't like the location. Table location and numbers can change on every cruise. You did not say if you had MDR or MTD. We had late seating and a perfect view of the dining room below that is for MTD. At 8:30 when we sat down the MTD area was almost empty, a table for 2 in a sparsely populated area should be easy to find a a later dining time. Someone will soon chime in and give you the email address for dining requests. happy cruising, the Indy was a great cruise and that was before all the dry dock upgrades.

We were on the Indy in Oct. and had the 8 top that is located right where you were standing when the picture was taken. First thing we do when boarding is head off to MDR to find our table and make a change if we don't like the location. Table location and numbers can change on every cruise. You did not say if you had MDR or MTD. We had late seating and a perfect view of the dining room below that is for MTD. At 8:30 when we sat down the MTD area was almost empty, a table for 2 in a sparsely populated area should be easy to find a a later dining time. Someone will soon chime in and give you the email address for dining requests. happy cruising, the Indy was a great cruise and that was before all the dry dock upgrades.

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

The picture is the dining room on deck 4. Just behind the 5 top in the picture, on the other side of the railing is a 2 top ... we've had that 2 top before (but on the other side of the dining room) and it is a great 2 top for what my friends want ... a bit of room around it and not too close to the adjacent tables ... but yes as you say table numbers and locations can change.

I have the email addresses for requests but was hoping someone out there will be able to provide some info on where the best 2 tops are now after the refurb so that I can give my friends a heads up for when they email a request in.

Oh and thanks for pointing out that I failed to say what time dining my friends have ... I guess that would be useful ... they have the late traditional dining sitting booked.

Thanks again in advance for any further advice/updates.

The table with extra space could be in a good area or it could be that the week or day you saw it other tables in the area were pulled together for a larger group and it may not be there week to week. We were on Indy several years ago but we didn't see any two tops that had much space. They were all lined up with barely any room to walk between.