Where to stay for one night and where to stay after cruise

KCmomof5

Thank you that would be great, I do have 2 email address in my signature you can email me if you like. I am pretty sure we will want to stay in Old SJ being this is our first trip so really want to. W don't need high end beach locations but something really nice and not to expensive. March maybe higher then other months from what I am finding. Also looking at 2 days.

Gay

Thank you that would be great, I do have 2 email address in my signature you can email me if you like. I am pretty sure we will want to stay in Old SJ being this is our first trip so really want to. W don't need high end beach locations but something really nice and not to expensive. March maybe higher then other months from what I am finding. Also looking at 2 days.

Gay

I sent you and email on Sept 7 (aol) and another one today(yahoo). Let me know if you received them

My suggestion? Take one day to tour Old San Juan, rent a car and explore other places as well! There are so many other places to explore outside the tourist area in SJ that, unfortunately, people miss. If you can, explore SJ the day before the cruise and when you return explore the north and west coast from Arecibo to Cabo Rojo. There's a huge radio telescope in Arecibo along with a statue of Christopher Colombus that's allegedly higher than the Statue of Liberty (someone else's words, not mine), and the Window Cave (Cueva Ventana). You can see (or do) some surfing in Isabela, Aguadilla and Rincon. BTW, Rincon has some of the most amazing sunsets you'll see! There are lost of great restaurants along the coast of Joyuda and you can see the cliffs, a natural rock bridge and the old lighthouse at Cabo Rojo. Or just relax in one of the many hotels, guest houses or even AirBnB's in the area.

I'll be doing two pre-cruise days, and renting a car. The hotel I'll be staying is at Condado, is convenient driving to Old Town, how does the parking work around San Cristobal and El Morro?

Hi Dawn, yes got them both and replied to them. I am looking 1st choice, Hyatt, Old SJ and possibly Milano

Gay

Not Dawn...but thought I would add my recent experience as I just returned from a precruise stay in San Juan.

We drove past the Hyatt on the way to the Pan American pier...not a great location and nothing really by it.

Walked trough the lobby of the Milano Hotel to get to the rooftop restaurant...a bit creepy...I certainly wouldn't stay there...but definitely loved the restaurant.

We stayed at the Old Town Sheraton....our 2nd time staying there and found it to again be a fine hotel and great location.

• Like 1

Thank you for your input, I am right now leaning toward the Sheraton. Willing to pay a few $$ more for nicer hotel.. The Melano was at the bottom of my list based upon recent reviews and location is also important to us. The daughter will help with expenses where she can but this is more Moms treat since she is paying her cost on our Hawaii next March.:)

Gay