Viking Ocean newbie drink/drink program questions.

bguppies

hello Jim, deec (Eaches, if you are still out there !) and others who we exchanged messages with whilst you were on your World Cruise.

Helen and I still reflect upon and remember all of your adventures. We would love to share some time with you one day in the future (our VO bookings are NZ - Aust after Christmas 2018, Norway - Iceland in May 2019 and Empires of the Med in June 2019 if you have any spare time and cash ). And Jim ... it's good to know you are signed up for London / LA. Please start a day by day chat for that one as well so we can follow you again. Regards to all CC members. Cheers from 27°28′04″ S, 153°01′41″ E, Frank

64ce45541e786b2c0429ee7dc067b64b.jpgb0c6058c5a8a9522df4e728b1f5cc4a3.jpg

We are booked for next year’s London to LA cruise (121 days) 3e065f6f6a0c51a396b67731e728964d.jpg1195ee532e1bd5016bb3dfd7f449c36c.jpgea550e7b50686c960e8dd43f82ecc839.jpg. That will make it a complete WC for us . We will then focus on the STATES . We’ve been to the West Coast of Canada and but gave up on Tokyo to Vancouver VO Cruise due to time .

We did photo books on our WC - almost too many ports to cover !

ea550e7b50686c960e8dd43f82ecc839.jpgb

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Eaches, are you on the August 31 London to LA? I believe that is 127 days. Looking forward to seeing y'all if you are. Close the loop!:cool:

Yes, we will be there ! My Best Half had her knee replaced after the 1st WC and all is good . Now all I have to do is loose the weight from the last WC before starting out on the next . We are looking forward to seeing the Rest of the World!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am envious...perhaps I should sell one of my grandchildren to pay for the cruise. We will be doing the Amazon portion in November and I will let you know any important details about those cities!

I am envious...perhaps I should sell one of my grandchildren to pay for the cruise. We will be doing the Amazon portion in November and I will let you know any important details about those cities!

That would be great. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have just been reading some old viking Daily's that someone put a link to - admittedly they were from 2016.

On the first one it states that the Beverage Package does not include full bottles (which I was aware of), but also that it does not include drinks in Torshavn. Can anybody comment on this? I can't remember seeing it before.

Thanks

Don't worry, I can confirm from my own experience this year that the package applies to all bars on the ship including Torshavn and, to quote from Viking 's FAQS, covers "any drinks (excluding champagne) up to $15.00, including premium wines by the glass, cocktails, all house pouring wines, beers, liquors, well drinks, mixers/long drinks and soft drinks throughout the day for a flat fee per guest."

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
just off sky a couple of weeks ago ... some points .. we were in a DV

One item 'confused' me but not complaining. We had 'the package' and at dinner usually ordered a glass of other wine from what was the daily included pour. With the package you get a discount on a whole bottle .... usually the opened a bottle for us with our first glass ... and if we each had a second that killed the bottle! (it is a nice pour!) ... We were never charged the bottle price ..... In general I'd say Vik' is pretty liberal with the rules about alc' sales.

My wife and I have killed many a bottle on Viking with the Silver Spirits package. No charge for the bottle, and often the server wold bring a stand and leave the bottle at the table. If you drink wine, the package is a good deal. My only complaint is that sometimes the “premium” offerings are not premium enough, but they are generally quite good.

On our first Viking cruise in November & have bought the Spirits package. Most recently we have cruised on Regent & Silversea & we know we would have missed their alcohol policy. We both care about what we drink. Just one question, are there no champagnes available unless you pay more than 15 (dollars or pounds) per glass?