LEGEND ALASKA July 31, 2018 Photo Review

CheckersMidwest

I had a special mission while in Seattle....... I am a huge Grey's Anatomy fan. Across the street from the Space Needle is the TV station KOMO 4. The outside of the building is used for filming outside scenes of the hospital, their helipad is the one used in the show too. We took an Uber to Meredith Grey's house. Someone else lives there, but the outside is 'hers'. Uber was $7.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

We used google maps on my phone and walked to Kerry Park. It's not far. This is the scene in the opening of the show "Frasier". (Although I've never liked that show!). On a clear day.....Mount Ranier should have been seen above my head.

enhance

My plan was to call another Uber (App on your phone - charged through Paypal so very convenient) and go back to the Space Needle. My husband , however, said "Oh, it's not that far - look we can walk." ............No. Don't do it. Don't walk. Call the Uber.

enhance

It didn't look bad. All down hill. But it took a long time, it was hot, and I had leg cramps for days. CALL THE UBER.

Once we got back to the Seattle Center, we sat at Wolfgang Pucks by the POP museum and had a coke and cooled down. Then we walked back to the Monorail Station and took it back to Westlake Station. Transferred to the Light Rail and went back to the Angle Station. It was rush hour & people were getting off work & it was full ! Getting on downtown was ok because we got a seat at the beginning but it filled up as it went along.

For sports fans, there is a "Stadium Station" stop. It is right where the Seahawks and the Mariners play.

We had planned on somewhere nice for dinner but we were tired. We'd left KC at 7:00 am, so had been up early and then crossed 2 time zones. There was an IHOP in the parking lot of the Sleep Inn, so we just ate there.

I waited to book the Seattle Express Shuttle to the cruise port until late. Since I thought we were staying downtown to begin with, I was just going to call Uber. There were openings on the morning shuttle and you got a discount if you took the 9:00 am one. The round trip was already booked full. The shuttle was on time and picked us up promptly at 9:00 am in the lobby of the hotel. We made a few more hotel stops and drove to Pier 91. It took about 45 minutes to drive, we arrived about 10:20 and we were the first ones to drop off checked luggage. Flew through check in and waiting in the FTTF/Priority lounge by 10:40. They still give your sign & sail card at check in.

enhance

enhance

We boarded about 11:20 (I think). We had FTTF (4th time) and went straight to our cabin. Our luggage was there, so we unpacked real quick and went out to explore. I got a Reuban at the Deli and my husband went to Guys Burgers. We sat around the Lido until Muster Drill then back onto the Lido for Sail Away. The DJ played, Peter the Cruise Director spoke & joined in the line dances. We did about 3 then it was suddenly over. That was it. Much different than our Caribbean cruises.

We had a blacony cabin on deck 7. Great location. No noise from above and close to the elevators. We have a great PVP that I helped us pick the location.

enhance

enhance

Dinner was bumped to 5:30. We chose early seating. We dress up a little each night......my husband wears dress pants & a golf polo or shirt & tie, then a suit on elegant night. I wear 'work' capris, blouses, cardigan, sundresses, etc and then cocktail or blingy stuff on elegant night. My husband wears a paramedic uniform every day and I have to wear stuff I can get in the floor with preschoolers, etc. We enjoy 'dressing for dinner' when we go out. Our kids have always liked it too when they sail with us. (Or any vacation really). We are not offended by passengers who don't dress up.

enhance

We were seated at a 6 top. Yes, it had table cloths. The first night we were alone. Another couple joined us after that who had switched from the late seating. They were older, from Texas, and had taken a week or so to drive up. They went through Yellowstone, etc and had some places they wanted to go on the way home. Very interesting, nice people , and great dinner conversation. Our had waiter was Leroy from Jamaica and he & his team of 3 were great. They remembered my coke each night and always called us by name.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Thanks for this! The first few pics focusing on how different Alaska cruises are than Caribbean cruises looks promising! I was thrilled when the Naturalist took over the majority of on-board announcements and sightings and the cruise director took a back seat. The value of what they teach, and the quality of their presentation skills, is amazing!

Agreed ! The Naturalist announced landmarks, whales, points of interest, etc over the PA system often. It was all so very interesting !

A ship tour:

The Follies Lounge:

enhance

Glass Staircase

enhance

Piano Bar

enhance

Promenade

enhance

Legends cafe area - Coffee Bar, Trivia, Red Frog Pub all here

enhance

Our cruise critic Meet & Greet : Sign up online in advance, an invitation is delivered to your cabin with details. Ours was held in the piano bar the first sea day. The cruise director was there. Carnival provided snacks, drinks, and prizes of champaigne & ships on a stick.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Alchemy Bar - seemed to always have people there. Music there sometimes too. We walked by every evening on our way to dinner.

enhance

Medusa's Lair Night Club - I didn't go here once. There was dancing in the Red Frog Pub.

enhance

Shops: I purchased eskimo dolls to bring home to some little girls. They were 2 for $25 and the same price I saw everywhere on land. They had a deck sale one day too with winter coats for $30 (reminded me of a Columbia parka), sweatshirts, 2 for $20 tshirts, hats, gloves, etc.

enhance

Glass staircase to the Steakhouse. It is located in the center of the lido buffet.

enhance

Blue Iguana Salsa Bar (Great taco salads!) Located by the covered pool

enhance

enhance

Covered Lido pool - there is a stage and occasionally the DJ plays here.

enhance

enhance

enhance

I'd like to point out that every pool had a Carnival employee standing & observing at all times it was open and sometimes even when it was closed. I don't know that they were life guards though. I didn't remember seeing them on other ships.

Guy's Burgers also located by the covered pool. The ice cream machines are in 2 locations - 1 behind Guys and another behind the Blue Iguana.

enhance

enhance

another pool pix

enhance

clam shells along the side. I never had a hard time finding a chair or an occasional clam shell anywhere on the ship !

enhance

Serenity Deck is at the back on the Lido deck. Great location !

enhance

enhance

On our first sea day, we played trivia, wandered around the ship, watched the sushi demonstration, attended the Meet & Greet, and had our first elegant night. Our head waiter was Leroy from Jamaica. I had the bottomless bubbles program (avid Pepsi drinker on land) and they had a coke ready for me each night.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance