Fort Lauderdale - hotel - port....Help please

Guest hockeychic

Once the mistake is realized, they'll probably come up with some carefully worded legalize that gets them off the hook...;)

I was thinking they would have to "eat" this mistake and honor all who booked. I wish you good luck! :)

No, they will not have to honor the rate and there is no legal precedent that would make them do so. Many hotels have listed an obvious wrong price and refused to honor it even with confirmations.

It isn't a 'bait and switch' tactic.

Do a search for the cheap Marriott prices that surfaced.

If they honor the price, it will be done for good PR.

I would plan on being contacted by the hotel.

Darn. Well, we will be in FLL in June for the Liberty cruise and again in November 2008 for the Freedom cruise. I just checked on Hotels.com to see if I could book for November 2008 and it won't let me. I'll just try again closer to our sailing dates and see if I can't score a last minute deal. I do that with Priceline all the time and get super cheap hotels....but not as cheap as $2! :D

I don't see how they could charge a fee when they are the ones cancelling the rate. I booked because of the rate and would not have booked otherwise, I only authorized that amount on my credit card.

Maybe I should ask them for the $25.00 if they cancel:D

Thanks for the scoop! We just booked 3 night for Feb /08 ........we will wait a see what happens! Cross our fingers and toes!

How far is it to the port from the hotel?

10 miles form the airport (Ft. Lauderdale airport), and 5 miles from the port it says...

We were watching it on Hotels.com this morning. Around 9:30am is started showing the $2 rooms were sold out (for the January 4th date). As of now, it is no longer showing the hotel available. I guess those rooms are all gone!

I was told today by a co-worker that they (Hotels.com) buy the rooms at a discount, pays Days Inn for them, then turns around and sells them to the public. Therefore, since Days Inn has been paid for the rooms already, they aren't concerned what Hotels.com sells them for...

Does anyone actually know if this is how Hotels.com works? :confused:

IF (and only IF) this is true, it would take Days Inn out of the equation, (since they are already paid for the rooms), and everything would lay squarely on Hotels.com shoulders...JMHO

I still have my 1.99 a night reservations which the Marriott Spring Hill Suites sells for 199.00 a night.

I wish you all luck with your rooms but I eventually got an email from the property saying there had been a mistake and they would give me a discounted room rate of 129.00.

Still waiting to see how my deal all plays out.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=507386

Uh-oh....I think it's gone! I just went out to book our hotel for June in Ft Lauderdale and it's showing $89 per night. Awwww rats! I was going to jump on that $2/night thing!! Heck yeah! I might check it again later to see if it glitches back or not, but for now, it's showing $89.

Bummer.....congrats to those of you who scooped it up!

Me too. I got so excited I had to type in the address twice because I couldn't type it properly! haha

I got $159.00 a night for my night. Still a good price but not sure what the hotel is like. For $2 I could care if it's a rat hole, but for $160 I do care. Guess I'll stay where I am.

Kim

I still have my 1.99 a night reservations which the Marriott Spring Hill Suites sells for 199.00 a night.

I wish you all luck with your rooms but I eventually got an email from the property saying there had been a mistake and they would give me a discounted room rate of 129.00.

Still waiting to see how my deal all plays out.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=507386

Did you book directly with Marriott or on a website like hotels.com?

If the rooms have already been paid for by the website, then the hotel won't care. I know my confirmation says it is the total cost of the room including taxes, so no reason for the hotel to expect any money from me.

Anyone found out what a taxi will cost to get to this hotel from Fort Lauderdale airport? On the hotel's website they say they are 7 miles form the airport.

A shuttle service I called wants $20 PP to take us. There are 4 of us. I think $80 for a 7 mile trip is ridiculous...:mad: There has to be a better way to get there!

We booked the Embassy Suites on 17th street through Princess. $79 per night per person - includes transfers to the hotel from the airport and hotel to Port Everglades. Embassy has the free drinks in the evening (managers reception) and also a wonderful free breakfast in the mornings.

Does anyone know how close a grocery store would be? I heard there is a Publix within walking distance - but no ones seems to be able to confirm that. Thanks

I just got off the phone with travel agent and was told that hotel w/ transfers thru Princess would be $109 per person for our 10/14/07 cruise. Do you know if these rates change based on time of year?? We have a group of 10, maybe it would be cheaper to hire a van and book the rooms ourselves.

I just got off the phone with travel agent and was told that hotel w/ transfers thru Princess would be $109 per person for our 10/14/07 cruise. Do you know if these rates change based on time of year?? We have a group of 10, maybe it would be cheaper to hire a van and book the rooms ourselves.

Rates change based on time of year and what is going on in the city when you will be there.

The rates the cruise line charges is always higher than you can do yourself.

If you are looking for five rooms for 10 people, call the hotels you are interested in and see if they will give you a discount for booking 5 rooms. It will always be cheaper than the cruise line can get you. Then call a van service and see what they can do for you - two vans should be enough to get you all to the hotel.

If you are going to be in FLL, try sunandmoonexpress.com for vans.

I know this motel, and you people are taking a big risk staying there, at any cost.

Bad, bad neighborhood, even by South Florida standards.

JMHO, but I personally would never let greed put me in a dangerous situation like this or ruin my vacation.

Karshrip, Hotels.com has an agreement to pay the motel a discounted rate for the room, them marks it up and sells it to the public. Blocks of rooms are NOT bought in advance, that is wholesaling, not quite the same thing. So, no money has changed hands yet. They pay Days Inn after you leave.

Even if they do honor the rate (which I doubt) , you know they are going to put you in the nastiest rooms in the place.

UHG - not worth it, in my mind....

Archived