XPlor Excursion Transportation/Feedback

griff75

Has anyone done the Xplor excursion and can confirm the travel time from Cozumel? Have you done it with the UltraMar ferry that is suppose to be faster or do you know if that's the ferry NCL uses? We really want to do this excursion with the kids, but I have one that doesn't always do great on small boats in rough water and then I get car sick. I don't want to spend 2 hrs being miserable if it really takes that long. A rough boat ride plus a long bus ride is all I have been able to find so far. Would love feedback if anyone has done this excursion. Thanks!!

Has anyone done the Xplor excursion and can confirm the travel time from Cozumel? Have you done it with the UltraMar ferry that is suppose to be faster or do you know if that's the ferry NCL uses? We really want to do this excursion with the kids, but I have one that doesn't always do great on small boats in rough water and then I get car sick. I don't want to spend 2 hrs being miserable if it really takes that long. A rough boat ride plus a long bus ride is all I have been able to find so far. Would love feedback if anyone has done this excursion. Thanks!!
Don't sweat it .... We did the Xcaret Eco Park in April on MSC which leaves from Cozumel to Playa and is an even farther busride than Xplor. The ferry ride across was 30 minutes and not bad at all. We had our 8 and 10 year old daughters in tow. The bus ride was 45 minutes from Playa and yours would be bit less. We didin't have rough waters for the ferry. it's not to say you can't but it's not a fact that it will be rough and make you seasick. We had the same concerns. Just take a bonine an hour beforehand if it worries you but don't cancel it .....

Don't sweat it .... We did the Xcaret Eco Park in April on MSC which leaves from Cozumel to Playa and is an even farther busride than Xplor. The ferry ride across was 30 minutes and not bad at all. We had our 8 and 10 year old daughters in tow. The bus ride was 45 minutes from Playa and yours would be bit less. We didin't have rough waters for the ferry. it's not to say you can't but it's not a fact that it will be rough and make you seasick. We had the same concerns. Just take a bonine an hour beforehand if it worries you but don't cancel it .....

Thank you for the response! Did you book yours thru MSC or did you do it all on your own?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would say the ferry was more like 45 minutes. Sit toward the back. Take a dramamine and roll with it. Even if it's a little rough, you should be just fine and it's a short ride.

Now the ride from Key West to Fort Jefferson in rough waters, 2 1/2 hours, half the boat obnoxiously sick... yeah now that I'd advice caution. But the Cozumel ferry isn't that bad at all and it's quick.

YES, definitely go to Playa and enjoy. By the way, Xcaret and Xplor are basically at the same place.

My wife and I just did explore. Caught the ferry for 5 dollars, and caught a taxi to Xplor. We mention to the staff at XPLOR we had a limited time, and they got us front of the line passes for Zip Line and Buggy. The ferry ride is between 35 to 50 minutes. And the taxi ride was about 15 minutes from Quinta Avenida in Playa.