chef’s tour on Celebrity

Pearl1987

Hi

Has anyone to the Naples chef’s tour with Celebrity?

Is it worth the cost?

Thanks

Are you referring to Chef's Market Discoveries which is a combination of tours at port and then dinner with your group and chef in the evening. If yes, let me know. We did the one in St. Martin in April.

Are you referring to Chef's Market Discoveries which is a combination of tours at port and then dinner with your group and chef in the evening. If yes, let me know. We did the one in St. Martin in April.

I don't have a cruise currently offering this as an option, but I would love to hear about your experience.

My following comments are about St. Martin's Chef Market Discovery only and I do believe at one time it could have been great but we went in April and saw first hand the damage. Do think Celebrity should have told us.

Our first stop was at a cheese/wine shop - very enjoyable. Next stop was a market but it ended up being a small table selling herbs. Next stop was at an outside bar and they made seviche but the building next door was damaged and the pool was empty and black so it took away from the food. Our lunch next was suppose to be at a beautiful restaurant on the water but the streets were all torn up and the only restaurant open was dark and away from the water. We had dinner with our fellow tour group on the ship with the chef. It was nice but the whole day was not good. I was surprised Celebrity did not let us know of the conditions beforehand and it was so expensive(over $500 for two). By the time the end of the day came we were too full to really enjoy dinner. Also many people worked for Celebrity as agents so I am not sure if they paid full price. No one spoke about the conditions during the tour as a courtesy and everyone was pleasant. Just a waste of money.

All that being said I would probably try another because I had read wonderful things about the tour at other locations. I should have done the one in Germany - maybe next time.

We have done it twice - once in St. Maartin and once in Cozumel. In St. Maartin, we did it before the hurricane (Spring 2017) and it was absolutely amazing. Probably, the best shore excursion we have ever done. I am sorry to hear about how the tour has been impacted by the damage as it was truly quite a magical day. I did also enjoy the one in Cozumel (Spring 2018), although it wasn't quite as good as the one in St. Maartin. This could also be due to my expectations being so high.

Honestly, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again in another port and think doing it in Naples would be fantastic!

I’ve done two Chef’s Market. First one in Jamaica on Celebrity Silhouette 2017

and thought it was a great time excursion. Full day with a tour of the local area and information on foods and herbs etc.. lovely lunch at an old plantation. Lots of atmosphere. Dinner back on the boat was so special. We had several chefs come to help or check out how we were enjoying our dinner. Had one of the pastry chefs make a very special dessert for us. Very small group and loved the interaction with the crew and our group.,

Did another in 2018 on Celebrity in Cozumel. Interesting and informative excursion on the Mayan civilization and history on Cacao. Lunch at a local and very nice Restaurant.

Returned to our ship for a great dinner. Very small group of 8. I had the pleasure of being seated with one of the crew. She was very interesting. Attentive service, unique foods and loved the location for the dinner ( the Lawn Grill).

Am booked on a January 2019 14 day, Southern Cruise and a 24 day Australia/New Zealand Cruise in Oct. 2019. I am anxious

To see if the Chef’s Markets will be offered. I will book even though it is pricey. I love that it is such a different kind of excursion..

Hope that helps..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums