Freedom v. Vista

KKB

Looking at an Xmas cruise out of Galveston.

Prices are fairly similar if you factor in I can get tips thrown in on the Vista.

They are similarly sized ships, Vista much newer.

Any thoughts on these 2 ships?

(and any tips for first time Carnival cruisers...we have done DCL, RCCL, Princess & Celebrity and find them more alike than different. We like to have lots of activities on the ship, but are pretty easy going travelers)

I dismissed it as it is a tad more; but when I pulled it up, the online TA was offering tips for the Vista but not Freedom. Nearly offset.

For the same price, definitely go for Vista. The Conquest class ships are a dime a dozen and the next time you’re shopping it’s likely that there will be a deal on one of those.

Or TA usually offers free tips at a certain price point: we’ve always looked at it as an excuse to upgrade on a specific ship and sailing. You perspective is very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As much as I love the conquest class I would advise the Vista, if they are the same price. It seems many prefers them over the conquest class.

I prefer the conquest class because I can go outside on deck 3 before dinner and look at and hear the water. I also like looking over the side from deck 10 and seeing water, not another deck. I do like the aft pool area more on the Vista, and if they have tandoor that's a plus.... I could say more but to each their own. I wouldn't turn either down!

If you are doing a Havana room, Vista. Although my last was on the Vista it cost a good deal more than the Freedom would have. I loved the Freedom both times I’ve sailed her...my next one will likely be the Freedom again unless costs are close AND get a Havana room. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

I also like looking over the side from deck 10 and seeing water, not another deck.

This!!! I found out that I love the Conquest class ships for this very reason. I hated sitting out on my balcony on the Breeze and having to see people party in the hot tub or hear the music from the bbq place. There was no privacy at all, and it was certainly not as peaceful as spending time on our balcony on the Freedom. I didn't realize how important this would be to me until we lived it. So while I like the bells ans whistles of the new ships, the Freedom definitely has some upsides.

This!!! I found out that I love the Conquest class ships for this very reason. I hated sitting out on my balcony on the Breeze and having to see people party in the hot tub or hear the music from the bbq place. There was no privacy at all, and it was certainly not as peaceful as spending time on our balcony on the Freedom. I didn't realize how important this would be to me until we lived it. So while I like the bells ans whistles of the new ships, the Freedom definitely has some upsides.

Haven’t done Vista yet, but have our 4th Dream class booked. There is a simple and cost effective way to avoid looking down at other people on the Dream and Vista Class. Book a Cove! We won’t sail either class anywhere else.