Brillance

teach01

Rick and Denise, How did you like this cruise? Did you do 10 nights or 11? What is the Brilliance like? What,if any,tours did you do? Sorry for all the question's,but I'm doing this cruise,11 nights,on April 17th.

Did you have 3 formal nights? :)

I was on the Brilliance with Rick and Denice. It was a 10 day sailing. Fantastice ship, all around. Rick has said more than once that it is their favorite ship.

In Aruba, DW and I were scheduled to do a helicpoter tour we booked privately. Got confirmation emails and everything. but after about a mile walk to the helipad, were greeted by a sign sailing they were closed for "Scheduled" maintanence (so why the confirmed reservation?). We stoped in at the agency that runs the Atlantis sub tours and booked an ATV tour of the island. Turned out, it was just myself, DW and the tour guide. Had a GREAT time!

At Panama, we took the Canal By Ferry tour. Very LONG tour, but I liked it. You get a very different perspective of the locks in this much smaller boat after going through the first set of locks on the Brilliance in the morning.

In Costa Rica, we booked a private tour with Oscar Brown that included zip lining (FANTASTIC TIME!), a visit to a banana plantation (OK, but could have missed it, and a tour of the canal (again OK, but could have sh=kipped it as well). Then it was off to a beachside resteraunt for lunch (not included) then back to the ship. See the Costa Rica boards for info on Oscar and other venders.

In Grand Cayman, we did the 2-man bubble sub. Very cool.

Rick sent me copies of the compasses last week. Once I recieve them, I'll be scanning them and posting them. Watch my signature for the link. In the mean time, you can see my pictures by clicking the link in my signature. I am in the midst of organizing them, so only some of them are on the page referenced in the link. To see all of them, click on "Author's Homepage" button on the left, then look for the albums from Brilliance.

Also, another CC member from our cruise has posted a review at this location.

I was on the Brilliance with Rick and Denice. It was a 10 day sailing. Fantastice ship, all around. Rick has said more than once that it is their favorite ship.

Thanks Paul for answering the questions. 07 looking int. Should have something in mind in a month of so.. :)

Hey Kate....Canucks4 is right, get onto the Meet and Mingle Board and sign up...alot of us going that date.

Also, please do post the compasses when Rick sends them to you....we would all like a heads up. It would also help me with some presentation stuff I am putting together for a Bon Voyage Party for my 35 people going on 3/17/06!! Can't wait!!

Judi

Thanks PappaSiera,for your answers. We're not doing GC on our cruise,but I've been there twice.

We're doing Labadee and Curacao,as well as Aruba,Costa,and the Canal.

I've already booked:

Railroad Dome Car-at the Canal

Thriller Powerboat-at Labadee

Willemstad Trolley-at Curacao

Lets Go Latin Show-Aruba (its at night)

probably go to Palm Beach during the day in Aruba

Oscar Brown-at Costa There are about 22 of us,from our M&M doing this tour with Oscar. Should be a blast.

Have any of you done any of these things? Seems like we'll certainly be kept busy. :)

We were on The Brilliance December 2nd. I saved all of the compasses. What are you looking for?

Rick, I would love a copy of the compasses, if you give me your email address, I will e-mail you my street address. We are in room 9623, an inside room for 3 will this be tight? You can e-mail me at tennislvr8@yahoo.com

PappaSiera: How do I get the copies of the Compass?

1. Click on the "Compasses" link in the "Brilliance 12/2/05" line in my signature below, or go to THIS SITE.

2. Click on the individual page you want to view.

3a. To see full resolution image of page, click on "View Full Size" in the gray box at bottom of page (NOTE: Your internet browser may automatically resize the image to fit your screen. In some browsers, just point at the image with your mouse, and after a couple seconds an icon of an image with 4 arows pointing outwards will appear in the lower right corner of the image. Click on this icon to display the origianl size of the image).

3b. To save full resolution image to your computer, right click "View Full Size" in the gray box at bottom of page, and select "Save Target As..", then navigate to where you want to save it, and name the file.

These instructions assume you are running Windos XP and Internet Explorer version 6.x

Just off BOS on 1/13. It was the 11 night. If you have any questions let me know. I too have the Compasses just in case any changes have been made since the Dec. sailing.

Heads up 3 formal, 1 smart casual and the rest casual. Going through the Panama Canal on the ship is incredilble.

Debbie

Archived