Inside cabins Arcadia and Aurora

Tonyrefail1

Hi.Travelling from NZ next Oct and doing 19 days on Arcadia and then 12 on Aurora.We have done all previous trips in a balcony cabin so this time we booked inside to keep costs down.My main question - is the cabin lighting bright enough or do some people find it a bit gloomy eg putting on make up and reading.Minor details I know-looking forward to a ship with mainly British on board.

Hello

We had inside cabins on Oriana for the first time in June having previously had balcony cabins on other P and O ships and to be honest in future we will save money by going inside again.

The cabin size was 150 sq ft and was more than adequate and it even had a small sofa. I am unsure what the square footage is on Arcadia and Aurora but in Oceana the cabins are only 135 sq.ft.

One thing I will suggest following advice given on here, is to go for the twin bed configuration. This was also a first time for us, but the "double space" in the middle of the two beds seemed so much more than the two "bedside side table" widths on either side of a queen bed configuration.

As for lighting........put them all on! Bathroom, entrance, over bed lights, table lamp.......have a lovely time.

On Britannia there was a wall light next to the dressing table mirror which I found to be more than adequate, of course light may not be on the other ships.

Our bed was a double which made the cabin look “welcoming”, I only say that because on the last morning when we came back from breakfast the bed had been split and fully made up into two singles and it made the cabin look completely different.

I don’t think it makes any difference to the usable floor space whatever the bed configuration is.

I’ve ajways had a twin cabin before because I cruised with my mum and maybe it was a novelty having a big double bed!

Hello

We had inside cabins on Oriana for the first time in June having previously had balcony cabins on other P and O ships and to be honest in future we will save money by going inside again.

The cabin size was 150 sq ft and was more than adequate and it even had a small sofa. I am unsure what the square footage is on Arcadia and Aurora but in Oceana the cabins are only 135 sq.ft.

One thing I will suggest following advice given on here, is to go for the twin bed configuration. This was also a first time for us, but the "double space" in the middle of the two beds seemed so much more than the two "bedside side table" widths on either side of a queen bed configuration.

As for lighting........put them all on! Bathroom, entrance, over bed lights, table lamp.......have a lovely time.

We always go for inside cabins and have also now changed from Queen bed to twin, because of the space. We find them more than adequate and would rather spend my money on other things.

I have had several inside cabins on Aurora and found the lighting in all of them to be fine. Bedside lights are generally well above eye level and give plenty of light.

I have sailed in both a standard and large inside on Arcadia - but both some years ago. At the time, I recall the large inside was well-lit but the standard inside felt a bit gloomy. The bedside lights are - in my view - appallingly designed. They are virtually no higher than the pillow on the bed, so if you are sitting up in bed reading, they are actually well below your head!

We have had great success on Aurora with the inside cabins on D deck, forward of Sindu. They are quiet and very convenient for getting around the ship. Avoid D150 though as there is noise from the crew entrance.

We also like the large inside cabins on deck B forward. These have a 3 seater sofa which can be made into a sofabed. However these do have interconnecting doors which provide poor sound insulation as we found on our last cruise 2 weeks ago where we had a noisy family next to us.