Gift card and drink package help..

pafoster62

Our local grocery store is running a promotion on Carnival gift cards. For every $50.00 increment you get 20 cents off a gallon of gas. The store sells the cards in increments of 50 100 500...

My question is.. Has anyone been successful applying multiple cards to the payment and also using a credit card to the balance?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have always purchased discounted gift cards through AARP and used them and then a CC for the balance. You can choose "pay with a gift card" apply it and then when the balance shows, choose "pay with CC'. Easy.

I think, unless the current update to the system changed things, that you are limited to 5 GCs per online FunsShop checkout. I know for certain only a single credit or debit card number can be entered after the GCs are inputted.

SO unless someone else can confirm that they have increased or decreased the number of GCs the system can accept, I would buy the least number of GCs at individual values you are comfortable with to take advantage of the store's promotion and cover the cabin's cost of the drink package.

You might also want to remember that if you decide to cover the entire package purchase with GCs any left over amount will remain on the last GC # inputted. You can then use that remainder from the GC to purchase other online items from the FunShops, prepay shore excursions, book spa appointments, pay off the cruise balance, prepay the onboard auto-grats, or just put on your S&S account once on board.

Our local grocery store is running a promotion on Carnival gift cards. For every $50.00 increment you get 20 cents off a gallon of gas. The store sells the cards in increments of 50 100 500...

My question is.. Has anyone been successful applying multiple cards to the payment and also using a credit card to the balance?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sounds like Giant Eagle :) thats where i go and they have that promotion frequently. I have purchased gift cards to pay for the cruise as well as purchase items like the cruise package, cruise cash, and cabin decorations using gift cards. I also use the gift cards for cash account when checking in to the ship and throughout the cruise by going to guest services. Most recently i purchased 3 gift cards to pay my balance off in full so each card was 500.00 then what was left on one of the cards i used to go toward purchasing the drink package. For the Breeze cruise a couple of years ago i used a total of 6 at 500.00 each to pay for the cruise (not all at once - i was buying them every few weeks and then going on line to make the payment toward my cruise balance) then i had about 400.00 in two different cards that i took on the ship and applied as cash account.

for the last cruise i was in this past april i used gift cards to have a total of 450.00 cash account but when i checked in it seemed there was a limit to how much could be applied at one time in a 24 hour period but was able to go to guest services the next day to have them apply the rest toward my cash account.

Edited by angeleyez915
add more