Final Payment Extension

cbtengwife

My final payment due date is approaching and I am afraid that I am going to be a tad short. I emailed my PVP yesterday and he said that on final payment day, I can apply for an extension. Has anyone done this? What was the outcome?

As the previous poster stated, plan for the response to be no, but hope they will grant you a short extension. Make sure you contact Carnival before the payment due date. If you don't and the final payment isn't made, the computer system will automatically cancel the cruise.

You cannot bank on this, but I’ll say this: folks who add on gratuities but forget to pay by deadline are alterted to the possibility of cancelation before it happens. In my experience, the cruise line wants you to pay and doesn’t cancel immediately ... but, again, you never know

There is no guarantee that you will get an ext. you are given an automatic grace period of 1 day after your due date. Extensions are based on the balance and how much you have paid. they very rarely give any thing more than a week. If they do decide to give you more days, it will may only be 3-4 days.

We were denied an extension for three cabins a few years ago. I needed the extension for 3 days because my bank put a 72 hour hold on the checks we deposited into our account to pay for the cruise. (Our fault we had the checks for a few days just waited until the last minute to deposit them in our account. We didn't know our bank would put a hold on them.)

After they cancelled it, they told me if they realized we had three cabins they would've granted the extension.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

That is awful! Why didn't you use a credit card?

Long story short, we were at the end of what was a bad financial situation for us at that time and we didn't have funds available on credit cards to pay off 3 cruise fares. (Those checks were commission/bonus checks that were held up due to a company financial issue and were expected months before.)

And after those few horrible months we definitely needed that cruise! Life happens and everything worked out in the end. 🙂

I think it depends on the situation - and hopefully the OP has heard from their PVP by now. I have two cabins booked currently - we booked and needed to pay in full in less than 25 days (for those of you who are in the "just pay a little every month" club) - on day 21, when the final payment was due, both cabins were more than half paid off, I called my PVP - he gave me 3 additional days. I emailed him on the 3rd day, and got the extra days I needed to make it exactly 30 days from booking to final payment. I would send him flowers if I could :)

I am by no means saying Carnival is always understanding, but we had been making payments every week, and both cabins were more than half paid off. And in our case, my hubby had a double lung transplant last year...if anyone knows about tough finances, and needing every break, vacation, and peaceful interlude you can get...we're there! This will be our second cruise since the transplant, and we cannot wait!

Long story short, we were at the end of what was a bad financial situation for us at that time and we didn't have funds available on credit cards to pay off 3 cruise fares. (Those checks were commission/bonus checks that were held up due to a company financial issue and were expected months before.)

And after those few horrible months we definitely needed that cruise! Life happens and everything worked out in the end. 🙂

Glad it worked out for you