NCL Upgrade Advantage - Haven - Do you still get butler service?

Fantasia5915

If I bid on an upgrade to a Haven suite, will the free cabin gratuities I originally had (group booking) still apply? For the perk selected it says gratuities on mini-suites and below. I understand the gratuities charged in suite cabins are higher. Will I just pay the difference or do I lose it altogether?

I would like to know what happens in this case. I put in a couple of bids but have cancelled them because I think that I will lose my free gratuities and that does put my bid a bit more than I am willing to pay (I pay half the bill of another low season cruise for that).

I would like to know what happens in this case. I put in a couple of bids but have cancelled them because I think that I will lose my free gratuities and that does put my bid a bit more than I am willing to pay (I pay half the bill of another low season cruise for that).

I know that if you prepay your gratuities, they do transfer and you don’t have to pay the difference. I don’t know about the free gratuities, though. That could be a different case.

If free grats were one of your free perks, they will transfer to your paid upgrade. So no need to worry about losing them.

Are you sure you didn't get the extra points because you booked during a Latitudes Insider Offer?

You get 3 points/night if you book a suite during a Latitudes Insider Offer. I think you used to be able to get 4 points/night if you also booked more than 9 months in advance.

Maybe!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for that. Why don't I trust NCL??
I'm on the Breakaway now in my Haven upgrade. The free gratuities did transfer and I didn't have to pay the difference between regular and suite/Haven gratuities price. Of course I'll be taking care of the extra staff catering to my every whim [emoji4], but that's voluntary.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Has anybody ever slept in the sofa bed in a haven suite? We are two single women and I guess (amazingly) not of the suites have beds that split into twins..... So we are considering getting one of the suites with a sofa bed but were wondering if one of us would be unhappy? Anybody know???

My 83 year old mother recently slept on the Jade Haven sofabed. We had an egg crate mattress topper delivered to the room by the steward in advance (thru concierge services precruise desk). She was very comfortable and had no problems sleeping on it.

Edited by LinnieRed
misspellig