Router/Wifi extender

11 hours ago, mattb31 said:

Weird, our upcoming cruise on Symphony still allows us just one person in the room to purchase it. Still shows the packages as well.

11 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You sure that's just for VOOM alone? Maybe you bought it with a drink package?

It's the VOOM Surf+Stream for 1 device.  The same requirement applied to the drink packages, which were a separate selection.  All were purchased online via RCL cruise planner, which directed at option selection that every adult on the reservation had to make same selection (one reservation covering each cabin).  

Maybe has to do with our booking as part of a large group, or some detail of how our travel agent set up the reservation?  Also was purchased during Black Friday specials week last November.  No idea really...

Edited by willde

14 minutes ago, willde said:

It's the VOOM Surf+Stream for 1 device.  The same requirement applied to the drink packages, which were a separate selection.  All were purchased online via RCL cruise planner, which directed at option selection that every adult on the reservation had to make same selection (one reservation covering each cabin).  

Maybe has to do with our booking as part of a large group, or some detail of how our travel agent set up the reservation?  Also was purchased during Black Friday specials week last November.  No idea really...

I just checked in Cruise Planner and the current VOOM cost is same as what I paid in November, and does not now require selection by both occupants in my son's reservation...  🤔  Maybe I remembered incorrectly and it was just for the beverage packages.  Is that required for beverage packages?  It definitely was a requirement for something, and VOOM and beverages are the only things that were purchased then.

12 hours ago, willde said:

You can call RCI and just get one person with the Deluxe with Voom and the other with just the deluxe. For some reson the online thing will not let you do it but it is actually not a requirement. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/25/2019 at 7:09 AM, TravisP said:

You can call RCI and just get one person with the Deluxe with Voom and the other with just the deluxe. For some reson the online thing will not let you do it but it is actually not a requirement. 

And if you do so, from experience, check what they actually sold you.   I did this an ended up with one Deluxe with Voom and one Refreshment Package. 😄

• 1 year later...

anybody have any current updates (early 2021) on having a router or extender:

I am hopefully in 2021 taking the family on a cruise, if not 2021 it would be 2022.

that's 10 packages, and before I call the cruise line to cut a deal, if I can, I'd like to find out if I have a router option. We have 5 cabins in a row.

I have a couple of wifi extenders that I have used on trip etc,

I hope not many of us use the wifi outside of cabins, however, the kids might not be too happy with that.