Question for UK cruisers who regularly cruise with Princess.

Nixieh

The current UK offer of additional OBC runs out today. I am looking at booking a Norwejian Fjords cruise for next Aug and I seem to remember when I booked my first Princess cruise last Sept they had some good offers. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the offer/price may be better during Sept or should I go ahead and book now for the extra OBC. I know nobody knows for sure but often offers follow the same sort of pattern. I know I can't just cancel and rebook when better offers come out as we are in UK :loudcry:

The current UK offer of additional OBC runs out today. I am looking at booking a Norwejian Fjords cruise for next Aug and I seem to remember when I booked my first Princess cruise last Sept they had some good offers. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether the offer/price may be better during Sept or should I go ahead and book now for the extra OBC. I know nobody knows for sure but often offers follow the same sort of pattern. I know I can't just cancel and rebook when better offers come out as we are in UK :loudcry:

We have been told we are allowed one change of Princess cruise fare, at an admin cost of £100 per booking....before final payment! You would need to check if this applies to your booking and whether or not 'perks' would be lost.

It seems to me that there needs to be a huge difference in the fare to make this viable. I read all about the sales but somehow the prices never really go down..the way they are offered with different perks changes as a marketing ploy though.

We've always been very lucky with findings deals, bargains etc particularly in suites. We tend to obsessively check the prices until we reach a price we are happy to pay. Then we book. We still continue to check and we have been lucky enough to find improved deals in 3 out of 5 cruises. This last time was the only time we had to pay to change - the previous two, we cancelled and rebooked and still ended up ahead. I think we lost our future cruise credit on one cruise, but it was still worth it or a window suite :)

I suppose it depends on how much flexibility you have. We booked the offer with Princess last week as the cabins we wanted were fast selling out! We have to have a no-fly cruise from UK and it has to be in school holidays and we need a "family/3 person cabin" , this cruise fitted it. We booked when the cabin availability got to less than 3 (for our preferred location and cabin type).

We did find that a comparable cruise on Cunard QM was cheaper than Princess, but the males in my family hate dressing up and we find that Cunard dress code too formal for us.

Yes as others have said not great. Overall total price of my cruise has gone down a bit (if I want a balcony) but amount it has gone down by is similar to amount of obc offered previously. Mini suites are same price with no obc and that is what I really wanted so I probably would have been better off by about £200 booking yesterday. I know there is a £100 per person change fee but I have future cruise deposits to use so I don’t think I will be able to make changes without losing the benefit of the obc anyway.

Oh well. You win some you lose some 😜

Yes as others have said not great. Overall total price of my cruise has gone down a bit (if I want a balcony) but amount it has gone down by is similar to amount of obc offered previously. Mini suites are same price with no obc and that is what I really wanted so I probably would have been better off by about £200 booking yesterday. I know there is a £100 per person change fee but I have future cruise deposits to use so I don’t think I will be able to make changes without losing the benefit of the obc anyway.

Oh well. You win some you lose some [emoji12]

Our CC mini suite has gone down £100 p.p but with £100 payment and loss of obc was not viable. We use future cruise credit for our booking and when we took the one off fare drop the only thing we list was the box. The FCC and military credit was carried over. However, may beceorth checking with TA.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Forums mobile app