Norway on Prinsendam

TiogaCruiser

DH says he will consider the 14 day North Cape and Gems of Norway cruise next year. Can anyone tell me if the cruise includes ports or cruising that would be specific to the Prinsendam (that other HAL ships don’t usually do, or can’t do)?

If there’s nothing special about that itinerary (except getting to cruise Prinsendam), we might just wait until after retirement. Don’t get me wrong, I really want to try PDam.

If this is your 'North Cape" cruise, you have a winner and a unique itinerary. I think it will also be special having this old Viking Star ship cruise around Norway on her final runs. There has to be a lot of nostalgia in that.

The only way to make it even better is to go around to Murmansk and the White Sea Solvetsky Islands and Archangel, Russia which the Prinsendam has done in the past, also a very unique itinerary. To bad they did not offer that for one last swan song.

PortArriveDepartMonday, June 17 Amsterdam, Holland5:00pm Tuesday, June 18 At SeaWednesday, June 19 Stavanger, Norway8:00am 3:00pm Thursday, June 20 Alesund, Norway8:00am 8:00pm Friday, June 21 Trondheim, Norway8:00am 5:00pm Saturday, June 22 Arctic Circle (Cruising)Sunday, June 23 North Cape, Norway (Cruising)Sunday, June 23 Honningsvag, NorwayNoon 8:00pm Monday, June 24 Tromso, Norway8:00am 5:00pm Tuesday, June 25 Narvik, Norway8:00am 5:00pm Wednesday, June 26 At SeaThursday, June 27 Geiranger, Norway7:00am 4:00pm Friday, June 28 Flam, Norway9:00am 7:00pm Saturday, June 29 Bergen, Norway8:00am 10:00pm Sunday, June 30 At SeaMonday, July 1 Amsterdam, Holland

• 5 months later...