*Live* Adventure of the Seas 8/31-9/7 Canada and New England

rimmit

Thank you for taking the time to post. Your blog was great and loved the photos. It is interesting that there was a make your own drink table in the diamond lounge. We will be on Adventure next month for a snowbird migration cruise from Quebec to Florida, so will have to check out the diamond lounge.

If you make it back to Acadia, definitely make reservations for Jordan Pond House. The food is great and the location even better when the weather is nice and you can sit at a table on the lawn to eat. We will be taking Olie's trolley this time around since there is no convenient rental car location in Bar Harbor, so I enjoyed learning more about your experience on the tour.

Thanks. We had a great time on this cruise. A great change of pace from the caribbean. We would definitely love to eat at Jordan pond. That place was beautiful.

Did your private tours pick you up at the docks?

No. We had to walk to each. In Portland it was about a 10 minute walk on a sidewalk and level ground. In Bar Harbor it was literally right there when we got off the boat. In St. John it was right outside the cruise terminal for the HOHO bus. There was about a 30 min. wait in a cue for the bus though. The Grandeur was in port with us and i’m sure that pushed their capacity some.

For the HOHO we actually bought the tickets through the ship because RCI does not charge for kids until they are 4. If we bought through the company directly we would have to pay for our daughter who was 3. You could buy at their counter in the terminal. Even at peak time there was only a line 2 people deep. The kiosk is right where you exit. You can’t miss it.

It is about 20 min. Between buses. They say 20-25 min. But it didn’t seem that long. I think they had extra buses running that day due to the number of people in port. However, it always feels less because unless you JUST miss it, you will not wait the full time. I will write a review in the next several days. Look out for it. I am working on a review for Portland right now.

• 2 weeks later...

So for those interested, we are starting a live blog on a Norwegian Breakaway TA. This may be somewhat relevant to RCI cruisers, as we are Diamond and almost Diamond Plus on RCI and this is our first Norwegian Cruise since 1991, so it will basically be new to us. Much of our commentary will be somewhat of a comparison between to the two lines.

https://thesmallworldfamily.com/2018/09/30/northern-transatlantic-cruise-live-blog-day-1/

So for those interested, we are starting a live blog on a Norwegian Breakaway TA. This may be somewhat relevant to RCI cruisers, as we are Diamond and almost Diamond Plus on RCI and this is our first Norwegian Cruise since 1991, so it will basically be new to us. Much of our commentary will be somewhat of a comparison between to the two lines.

https://thesmallworldfamily.com/2018/09/30/northern-transatlantic-cruise-live-blog-day-1/

Will you be doing another thread for the Breakaway?