what happened...here today gone tomorrow

Hawaiidan

The other day I checked a cruise Rome to Monte Carlo... only 2 categories showed wait list... all the others open. Then POW the next day I looked for some reason and EVERY cabin was wait listed..... A charter? A martian invasion... Any clue? Never saw that before

Thanks guys.... My fear was that they were dumping to the secondary market.

However, this is the 2019 May sailing !!!! Only the 2 cat G and F were wait listed maybe 20 cabins ( 40 pax)... next day EVERYTHING was. Thats 1000+ in a day !!!!

This happened on a cruise on HAL Rome to Miami which was only 40% booked. HAL sold the ships remaining cabins to a group that owned a series of Florida Retirement homes and they sold cabins on 75% off published.... A real interesting, almost greedy bunch of bargain hunters came on, breaking into library, Stealing floormats to art off the walls. Door Prizes were stolen from trivia...while it was in progress... The staff had to close off many public spaces and have extra security patrols 24/7 Looked like the bottom of the barrel carnival crowd...

That’s not the right cruise. The May sailing is indeed showing all waitlist.