Eco cruise on Gatun Lake excursion

IDKaren

I must say that Celebrity does not give very much info on their excursions. I see that Colon is not a place to be on your own and don’t want to take a 6-7 hr excursion. Wondering if anyone has been on this excursion and what it entails and how it is? Thanks so much!

I must say that Celebrity does not give very much info on their excursions. I see that Colon is not a place to be on your own and don’t want to take a 6-7 hr excursion. Wondering if anyone has been on this excursion and what it entails and how it is? Thanks so much!

ANYONE????. Researching for nov cruise thanks!

I took it a few years ago. Assuming it's the same one. Drove us in a bus to a hotel that's on the lake and we got in a boat that slowly took us around pointing out wildlife (slots, birds, etc). Then we got back on the bus and went to one of the locks where we watched a ship go through. It was an interesting excursion. A little slow-paced. But I thought worth it. We were in our young to mid 40s then. Was in Panama again this past December and I believe I heard that observation deck at the lock was closed at that time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Also did this excursion a few years ago. It was as described by Paulras. We really enjoyed it. We wanted to see the backwater of the canal and this provided it. Also we had sailed through the canal previously but we also wanted to see the view from the lock.

I Was in Panama again this past December and I believe I heard that observation deck at the lock was closed at that time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

What has closed to the public is the observation platform at Gatun Locks, you now are taken to the visitor's center at the new locks, Agua Clara.

We also did this tour, as mentioned, it was a little laid back. Went to the big hotel and out the back to the lake boarded a smallish boat and did a nature tour. We saw some interesting animals. We returned to the hotel, took a break. (there was a bar).

Went to Gatun Locks and stayed briefly, then in to the new locks.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk