Question about Soda packages.

CarnieAddict

My DW and I are booked on our first NCL cruise. Its on the Epic January 12th out of Orlando. When we booked it we got 2 free offers. Most people would take the drink package but my wife and I dont drink. So we took the Dinning package and 50 dollars off shore excursions. Well I didnt realize when we took that one that it gives you $50 onboard credit per excursion not $50 off each excursion. So when we cruise we always purchase the soda package. So I am thinking thats what we will use our on board credit for but when I was looking at the soda packages I noticed it said limited availability. Do they not sell the package while on board the ship? We normally sale Carnival and this year we tried RCI. And on both we have seen them selling the packages. Is there any way of spending on board credit before you sale to purchase the soda package? There are 6 or 7 ports on this cruise plus we have a $100 on board credit too so that will cover the soda package . Thanks. Luke

So,,,, the proper way to use the shore excursion credit is to follow the written rules for the promotion.

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

When you call, the shore ex is reserved, but you are not charged. On Embarkation day, all of your shore ex is charged to your onboard account. As you complete your shore ex, a $50 is posted to your on board account (basically paying for part of the shore ex).

As for the soda package, it is always available on board.

So,,,, the proper way to use the shore excursion credit is to follow the written rules for the promotion.

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

When you call, the shore ex is reserved, but you are not charged. On Embarkation day, all of your shore ex is charged to your onboard account. As you complete your shore ex, a $50 is posted to your on board account (basically paying for part of the shore ex).

As for the soda package, it is always available on board.

Thank you so much. I did not see that. You just made my day. :D:D

You NEVER get OBC per se', up to $50 per port is used to offset the cost of the excursion(s) charged to the cabin in question. If an excursion is cancelled there will be no charge for the port and thus no offset. Note that if the excursion(s) for a port come to less than $50 your credit will limited to the amount of the excursion.
There is most certainly a time when you do get OBC.... if you happen to pre pay the excursion..... they don't credit your credit card at the completion of the excursion..... they apply the $50 (or cost of excursion if less then $50) to your account as OBC.

You NEVER get OBC per se', up to $50 per port is used to offset the cost of the excursion(s) charged to the cabin in question. If an excursion is cancelled there will be no charge for the port and thus no offset. Note that if the excursion(s) for a port come to less than $50 your credit will limited to the amount of the excursion.

Let’s dismiss the “per se” cuz it just causes confusion. Just like a butler “buttles” just causes confusion, because it is incorrect.

A $50 onboard credit is added to your account when a shore ex has been completed. If you, by chance, charged your shore ex to your onboard account, the credit could be used to pay it. If you prepaid your shore ex before the cruise, you can use it for other expenses.

My DW and I are booked on our first NCL cruise. Its on the Epic January 12th out of Orlando. When we booked it we got 2 free offers. Most people would take the drink package but my wife and I dont drink. So we took the Dinning package and 50 dollars off shore excursions. Well I didnt realize when we took that one that it gives you $50 onboard credit per excursion not $50 off each excursion. So when we cruise we always purchase the soda package. So I am thinking thats what we will use our on board credit for but when I was looking at the soda packages I noticed it said limited availability. Do they not sell the package while on board the ship? We normally sale Carnival and this year we tried RCI. And on both we have seen them selling the packages. Is there any way of spending on board credit before you sale to purchase the soda package? There are 6 or 7 ports on this cruise plus we have a $100 on board credit too so that will cover the soda package . Thanks. Luke

The on board credit for the shore excursions doesn't work that way. It can only be applied to shore excursions. If you don't use it for that you lose it.

I suggest contacting NCL. They should be able to give you the soda package as a perk in lieu of the UBP, you will simply pay the gratuity on the package.