Collectors Cruise 1st Time Booking

Retiree23

Seeking Advice!

We have only sailed with HAL 4 times (2nd time posting on CC) .....and this is our 1st time booking a Collectors Cruise. I'm trying to learn and understand from all of you experts on this forum how these bookings work.

We booked via a PCC a V cabin that to us was not ideal being behind the elevators and forward just in front of midship. The more we thought about it's location and thinking about the TA part of the 2nd segment we started to worry if we encountered rough seas. Many emails and phone calls for 7 months transpired and nothing changed. Each time we noted we wanted to select another V cabin or upgrade to the suites.

We then noticed on the two segments of the collectors cruise cabins had become available and some were the same on both segments but we were told by our PCC that since the collector was sold out we couldn't move? Just recently we again reiterated that we would move to a suite....the PCC then contacted some department (not sure why not before) and was informed that the V and S are over sold on the 1st segment. We then mistakenly asked since cabins were available on the 2nd segment if we could relocate on that segment and pay the difference and the response was no, never. Further noted that perhaps we could on board.

Help me understand the rules around Collector cruises. Now in hindsight if we had known there would not be any possibly of another cabin only on the total collector we would have been wiser. Our concern and perhaps needless but we have never been on a TA cruise.

On a positive note we are excited about seeing all the ports on this itineary and are hoping for smooth sailing!

I booked a collector's cruise through my PCC about 2 months ago. The cruise is still 18+ months away. Although the cabin I wanted wasn't listed as available for the collector's cruise, it was available for the 2 individual cruises. She just went in to the inventory and moved the cabin so that it was now available for booking and booked it.

I think you've been having a PCC issue, not a HAL or collector's cruise issue.

It sounds like you're past final payment. If that's true, then I'd just enjoy what you have. Ask your PCC to be informed of any upsells that are available.

If you're not past final payment, then you can certainly cancel and switch to a cabin that you like better, unless you have a non-refundable deposit on the booking.

This is why I prefer to use a Personal TA that we can go and talk to or call whenever we want to.

We have booked quite a few Collector Cruises -- months in advance just so that we get the cabin we want.

Just stay where you are.

It really doesn't matter if you use a PCC, a personal TA, or a big agency. What matters is that the person you are dealing with knows the system and is willing to spend the time and effort to give you what you want.

Many of the people you could deal with would do so, while others want to put forth the least amount of effort possible in order to get the credit or commission, which is ultimately what they want.

As far as going to or calling "whenever we want", however you book the entity you book with has business hours that they can be contacted during.

It really doesn't matter if you use a PCC, a personal TA, or a big agency. What matters is that the person you are dealing with knows the system and is willing to spend the time and effort to give you what you want.

Many of the people you could deal with would do so, while others want to put forth the least amount of effort possible in order to get the credit or commission, which is ultimately what they want.

As far as going to or calling "whenever we want", however you book the entity you book with has business hours that they can be contacted during.

All of this post is excellent. The person you deal with is everything. We've had the good and the bad. Some work for you, some don't. It is amazing how different service can be!

Thank you for all of your replies! Appreciate it. We are going to "stay put" and enjoy this Collector Cruise!

Totally agree, whether a PCC or a TA it all boils down to finding someone that will spend the time, effort and work with you. I so haven't felt this during this booking. I mistakenly thought going the route of a PCC was the best approach. Having said that I did experience when calling into the department one weekend a PCC that seemed more willing to help but understood our profile wasn't theirs.

Thanks again & Onwards!

Thank you for all of your replies! Appreciate it. We are going to "stay put" and enjoy this Collector Cruise!

Totally agree, whether a PCC or a TA it all boils down to finding someone that will spend the time, effort and work with you. I so haven't felt this during this booking. I mistakenly thought going the route of a PCC was the best approach. Having said that I did experience when calling into the department one weekend a PCC that seemed more willing to help but understood our profile wasn't theirs.

Thanks again & Onwards!

And you have the option to transfer it to a TA.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app