Wheelchair accessible at ports

Kate45

one of our travelling companions is in a motorized wheelchair. Getting out of it is not an option. Looking for things in ports of call for her to do. She is okay with just checking out what is at the pier itself but was hoping she could do more. Anyone with any suggestions? Also, are they accessible? We are on the Crown Princess on Nov 17th visiting Antigua, Martinique, Barbados, St Kitts, St Thomas, Grand Turk. Thanks

one of our travelling companions is in a motorized wheelchair. Getting out of it is not an option. Looking for things in ports of call for her to do. She is okay with just checking out what is at the pier itself but was hoping she could do more. Anyone with any suggestions? Also, are they accessible? We are on the Crown Princess on Nov 17th visiting Antigua, Martinique, Barbados, St Kitts, St Thomas, Grand Turk. Thanks

I'll try to offer some help based on what I remember from these ports which we have been to many times.

Antigua: The ship docks right in town. There is a main street with all kinds of stores. There is also another street which she may be able to get to.

Barbados: You can get from the ship to the pier side shopping building. You can also leave the area and go along the pathway where there is a park area along the ocean. I don't remember if you can get into town. There may be curbs.

Martinique: This town is wheelchair accessible, wide sidewalks with ramp areas to get up curbs, and two large parks.

Grand Turk: There is a beach side mall and a Margaritaville store, restaurant and large pool all of which you can get to by wheel chair.

St. Kitts: Pier side mall easy to get around, has ramps.

St. Thomas: Pretty easy to navigate around Havensight which is next to the pier and some other store areas at the head of the dock area. Getting into downtown could be difficult and downtown is not very wheel chair friendly, very narrow sidewalks, lots of one step stairs and curbs, heavy traffic in the streets.

I'll try to offer some help based on what I remember from these ports which we have been to many times.

Antigua: The ship docks right in town. There is a main street with all kinds of stores. There is also another street which she may be able to get to.

Barbados: You can get from the ship to the pier side shopping building. You can also leave the area and go along the pathway where there is a park area along the ocean. I don't remember if you can get into town. There may be curbs.

Martinique: This town is wheelchair accessible, wide sidewalks with ramp areas to get up curbs, and two large parks.

Grand Turk: There is a beach side mall and a Margaritaville store, restaurant and large pool all of which you can get to by wheel chair.

St. Kitts: Pier side mall easy to get around, has ramps.

St. Thomas: Pretty easy to navigate around Havensight which is next to the pier and some other store areas at the head of the dock area. Getting into downtown could be difficult and downtown is not very wheel chair friendly, very narrow sidewalks, lots of one step stairs and curbs, heavy traffic in the streets.

Thanks.very helpful!

Unless an excursion specifically advertises as wheelchair accessible, it won't be. And unfortunately, most of the islands are not. St. Thomas is the best in the Havensight area. There is almost nothing downtown that is not duplicated near the port. The butterfly farm may be accessible, and is easy walking distance from the dock.

Sorry, but I don't know most of your ports.