Tropical Storm

lec2017

Headed out on the Dream on 9/10 out of Port Canaveral and there is supposed to be a tropical storm hitting that day. Will they still cruise and how early would they let us know if they are cancelling?

Also, if it rains the whole cruise do they plan any extra activities inside? I’d be fine watching movies and eating good food all day but DH might not be.

So apparently I misread the article and the Hurricane is coming today/tomorrow. Still - if another were to come would they cancel the cruise?

It would be quite unusual to cancel the cruise. DCL may delay the cruise, or, if possible, have it leave port early, but outright cancel? No.

Once a cruise is in progress, the Captain will move the ship as far from the bad weather as possible. Ports may be changed.

It would be quite unusual to cancel the cruise. DCL may delay the cruise, or, if possible, have it leave port early, but outright cancel? No.

Once a cruise is in progress, the Captain will move the ship as far from the bad weather as possible. Ports may be changed.

Awesome, thank you! I don’t mind changing ports just so long as we don’t get to Florida and have it cancelled.

Our 7 nighter on Fantasy was outright totally canceled by DCL last September when Hurricane Irma was still several days away from affecting Central Florida. It is, indeed, rare but it definitely can happen.

As others have said, if a strong storm is expected to strike the departure port, a cruise may be cancelled. (Disney Cruise Line did cancel departures when storms were predicted in Port Canaveral in fall 2016 and fall 2017.) If a storm is expected elsewhere on the cruise route, the captain will reroute the ship in a different direction to avoid the storm if possible. This may involve stopping at different ports or even no ports at all. When ports are changed or cancelled, additional activities will be scheduled onboard (similar to what happens on sea days, with activity all around the ship).

Sent from my iPad using Forums