Where Does FOS Dock in Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten and St.Kitts

martyap

Could you please tell me where FOS docks in each of these ports? How far a walk to the main tourist area in each? Want to determine the logistics of returning to the ship mid day and then venturing off again in the afternoon. Thanks!

Curacao: Mega dock, around a 15 min walk to the floating bridge

St. Maarten: only one dock. 5-10 minute walk to ferry. Quick ferrry ride to downtown, though you may have to wait 10-15 minutes for the ferry.

Aruba: Maybe a 5-10 minute walk to the main shpping street.

St. Kitts: 5 minute walk to the shopping area.

Hi Marty - as Bob said, it's quite easy to get back to the ship and off again in each port if you don't mind a short walk. St. Kitts has some nice shops around the port/dock, but then you have to venture a bit further to get to the more touristy areas. Might be advisable to grab a local cab and "hire" the driver as a guide to take you around the island for a few hours. This is a common practice in such places. We did that in St. Marten to go to the beach for a few hours and the a quick island tour followed by a stop for lunch to watch the planes land over Maho beach - a must see!

Let me know if you have any other questions- we have been to all of these ports and are going again on Freedom in April.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you don't mind me asking, what did this cost you?

If I remember correctly, the driver was with us for 5-6 hours. We went to Orient Beach on the French side, then toured the island...lunch back at Sunset Grill at Maho Beach and then back to the ship. There were 4 of us and I believe we negotiated down to $20 per person, not including lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I remember correctly, the driver was with us for 5-6 hours. We went to Orient Beach on the French side, then toured the island...lunch back at Sunset Grill at Maho Beach and then back to the ship. There were 4 of us and I believe we negotiated down to $20 per person, not including lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not bad at all. Thanks!

A few cruises ago, we were docked at the cargo dock in St Kitts. You couldn’t walk into town. They did have a free shuttle but it was a pain to take. I always thought that the only dock was the main one in front of the shopping area until this happened to us.