Royal Caribbean Nightlife??

I'm in the process of booking my summer cruise with my family and we are looking at the Freedom of the Seas in July. I've only been on Carnival 10 times so I'm used to fun into the wee hours of the morning. But the whole Carnival thing is becoming a bit stale....I'm going to be coming along with one of my friends and we will both be 20. Is it true that as soon as the show is over the entire ship shuts down and there is nothing left to do after 12? Royal Caribbean offers way better itineraries and ships to the Caribbean but I can't deal with going to my room at 12 every night. If anybody can shed any light on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

How lively a ship is will depend on your fellow passengers. Freedom though will have more options for people to do things, even into the night, especially since they will be turning the main pool deck into a night club at night. My cruise in January when I was by myself, I was going to bed around 1 am and I definitely wasn't shutting any venue on the ship down.

Each cruise has it's own passanger mix but I think it fair to say that Carnival does have a reputation for a younger average age, possibly because of pricing and also marketing, than RCCL. Whcih might be an indication of the level of "night life". Anyway, have a great cruise...can't imagine not having a great time when at sea!

I agree with that. But I'm also starting to feel that you get what you pay for with RCCL. With the new surfing feature as well as basketball, in-line skating, rock climbing, ice skating and so much more I can see why it would be more expensive. This decision is soooo hard. Carnival is fun at night, but in the afternoon there is nothing to do but eat and sit by the pool :(

I have trouble getting to bed at night because there is so much going on and I feel like I'm missing stuff if I go to bed. I also get up at 5AM as I love morning up on deck. Oh well, plenty of time to sleep when the cruise is over.:D

If you're going on the larger ships, i.e. Explorer, Voyager, etc., the nightlife is great - blows Carnival away. The club stay open later, and is much more like a true nightclub. The sports bar and guitar bar is always crowded and usually closes around 1 a.m. and then the club really starts going. The smaller RCCL ships are quiet compared to Carnival.

Go on the larger RCCL ships if you can - you might never go back to Carnival!

We party all night long.

Don't think RCCL doesn't know how to party. No offense towards Carnival, but I have done both and I prefer RCCL any day. I just turned 30 and have been partying with RCCL for a few years now.

The club goes til 4am....and you party, the people you meet the music is so cool. Then there are the pubs in the Promenade and then (just like back home) you head to the Promenade for breakfast, LOL, pizza, cookies and etc. feels like home when you leave a club at 2am and get something to eat..then there is always the hot tubs til wee hours of the morning....

I would say, gee is that people jogging so late and everyone would say well it is almost 6am....LOL...

Don't worry at all....you will have a blast with your own crew or people you'll meet...we always have a blast.....enjoy yourself.

Hey when are you heading on the Freedom, we're planning lat July???

I think that you can find plenty to do on a RCI. Especially the Voyager class. As others have stated, it depends on the make up of that weeks passengers. I have been on Carnival ships where the carpet rolled up at 11:00. I personally think that you will like RCI and this is from a person that has cruised with Carnival many times.

We sail RCCL a lot and are usually out until 2:00-4:00am depending on the night and what we have planned for the next day. I am a "young" 31 and my boyfriend is 40. The big ships really do have a better "night life". We always find people to party with. Like others have said the music is good, the crew is fun and the drinks are strong :)

You'll love the Freedom!

Bobbie

You're welcome. :)

I am jealous though....I want to sail the Freedom. I am getting the cruise bug pretty bad at the moment. Might just have to find a quick cruise to hold me until I can actually plan a 7 nighter.

So, did you book it?

:) Bobbie

Archived