Double booked excursion and massage, help!

JoJoL1982

So like a dummy I notice my couples massage booked many months ago collides by 30 mins with a recently booked shore excursion, my cruise is only 3 days out so I went to cancel my massage and rebook it but it says I cannot make spa changes 3 days or closer to my cruise. This massage is a surprise for my boyfriend and my whole family is booked on this excursion, if I cancel my massage will I be able to rebook another day and time for the same price or am I more likely to pay more on board? I paid $207 for the couples massage and its still allowing me to cancel my current one but it won't allow me to rebook one and I'm afraid on board the couples massage will be more money, any suggestions? It seemed pretty out of carnivals hands, I feel so dumb! :loudcry:

Spa services are often on sale when the ship is in port and most people are on excursions.

You may be able to reschedule for another port day, at the same price, in case there is a port where you are not doing any excursion.

However, if you want to reschedule for a sea day, you should expect to pay more.

I needed to reschedule mine for another day when our itinerary changed and since I got it with a discount code that was no longer in effect when they switched us, when I called they said I would be rebooked at the higher price if they did it over the phone. So I just went to the Spa as soon as I boarded and they switched it no problem. You can call and see if they can change it by calling or just do it onboard.

I did call carnival directly but they said since it’s only 3 days until my cruise they could not make any changes for me and that I would have to cancel on board and risk paying more, I did plan to reschedule on another port day, not a sea day, and I was looking at spas 2 days ago and their was still plenty of slots available at the same price I paid but when I went to change last night it was too late, said it was too close to departure.

So like a dummy I notice my couples massage booked many months ago collides by 30 mins with a recently booked shore excursion, my cruise is only 3 days out so I went to cancel my massage and rebook it but it says I cannot make spa changes 3 days or closer to my cruise. This massage is a surprise for my boyfriend and my whole family is booked on this excursion, if I cancel my massage will I be able to rebook another day and time for the same price or am I more likely to pay more on board? I paid $207 for the couples massage and its still allowing me to cancel my current one but it won't allow me to rebook one and I'm afraid on board the couples massage will be more money, any suggestions? It seemed pretty out of carnivals hands, I feel so dumb! :loudcry:

Go to the spa when you board. There shouldn't be many there and they can adjust your scheduled time. There are basically two prices which is a less expensive on the first day/night/while in port and the higher pricing while at sea. Sometimes there is a price between for early am massages.

I did call carnival directly but they said since it’s only 3 days until my cruise they could not make any changes for me and that I would have to cancel on board and risk paying more, I did plan to reschedule on another port day, not a sea day, and I was looking at spas 2 days ago and their was still plenty of slots available at the same price I paid but when I went to change last night it was too late, said it was too close to departure.

Then just do what I did and go right to the Spa and reschedule. It will be the same price as long as it’s a port day. Don’t cancel, just move it onboard.