Obc

cfr70

I have $100 in OBC and I see on the RCCL website I can spend that online for my sailing. I've only ever sailed Carnival where you can't pre spend OBC online.

I have 2 questions:

1. Will I be able to use the OBC to purchase in cabin liquor before sailing? I'd like to order vodka to have it there waiting for me in the cabin. I know they're small bottles so can you order 2?

2. My sailing is for March 2020 so it's too far out to order. The site says too early come back later. How close to sailing does that open up?

I guess that's 3 questions. Thanks for any info.

I believe that OBC is only available to spend pre-cruise in the cruise planner. If small bottles of vodka and mixers are available for your sailing, they would be in Royal Gifts and you would not have access to the OBC money.

Edited by Coralc

I believe that OBC is only available to spend pre-cruise in the cruise planner. If small bottles of vodka and mixers are available for your sailing, they would be in Royal Gifts and you would not have access to the OBC money.

I found the Royal Gifts part of the site and was able to add the liquor into my cart, but it didn't recognize my booking number. Looking at my printout of the reservation, I realize it was made through Club Royale.

Does that mean anything I want to buy for my cabin would have to go through them? I'll call them in the morning to ask. I recall having to call them when there was a price drop and RCCL saying only they were able to help me. So i'm guessing I have to do everything through them?

Edited by cfr70

I found the Royal Gifts part of the site and was able to add the liquor into my cart, but it didn't recognize my booking number. Looking at my printout of the reservation, I realize it was made through Club Royale.

Does that mean anything I want to buy for my cabin would have to go through them? I'll call them in the morning to ask. I recall having to call them when there was a price drop and RCCL saying only they were able to help me. So i'm guessing I have to do everything through them?

No, you should be able to purchase pre-cruise items via the Cruise Planner. My guess is that you're trying to use a group reservation number, not your individual reservation number.

No, you should be able to purchase pre-cruise items via the Cruise Planner. My guess is that you're trying to use a group reservation number, not your individual reservation number.

They changed my reservation number to a different "Club Royale" number when I applied a MyVegas OBC voucher to my booking a few months ago. The rep said from now on the res # would be that new one.

I've tried entering both res. numbers into the checkout page on Royal Gifts and while one number isn't even being recognized, the second one keeps giving me a "session timed out". It seems to me their whole website is wonky.

I'm going to just call Club Royale and if I could order everything I want over the phone with the rep, then so be it. Better safe than sorry. Both RCCL & Carnival have surprisingly outdated websites.

... the second one keeps giving me a "session timed out". It seems to me their whole website is wonky. ...

Try this number again, making sure to clear your browser's cache and cookies before the attempt. If that does not work, try private browsing mode and a different browser.

Try this number again, making sure to clear your browser's cache and cookies before the attempt. If that does not work, try private browsing mode and a different browser.

I cleared cache and got same thing then tried it on my phone and again got the "session timed out" as soon as I entered all info. It's driving me bonkers so i'll just call and leave the headaches to them. Their website is just not user friendly. :(