How much time to allow between dinner and a show on Allure?

We have opted for the My Time Dining option on Allure of the Seas. I have a few questions:

How much time should we allow between our dinner reservation and the start time of a show?

When does the dining room open for dinner (what would be the earliest reservation time that we can make)?

If I book a show through Cruise Planner and then decide I would like to change the day/time, do I have the ability to change it through Cruise planner?

Edited by michelleandpaul
Change formatting

We have opted for the My Time Dining option on Allure of the Seas. I have a few questions:

How much time should we allow between our dinner reservation and the start time of a show?

When does the dining room open for dinner (what would be the earliest reservation time that we can make)?

If I book a show through Cruise Planner and then decide I would like to change the day/time, do I have the ability to change it through Cruise planner?

If you have a party of two, you should be able to finish dinner in 60-90 minutes. Larger tables take longer.

My Time dining starts at 5:30pm.

You can change your show reservations up until 3 days before the cruise. After that, you would have to make changes onboard.

To answer "how much time between finishing dinner and a show," the doors open 30 minutes before the show, so if you are concerned about seat selection, you want to be there when the doors open. Also they release all empty seats to people without reservations around 10 minutes (maybe it's 15 minutes) before the show starts so it's possible that you could not get a seat, especially the comedy show, if you show up 5 minutes before show time. So, consider the MDR is at the aft end of an 1188 foot ship, and the theater is at the bow. That's about 1/5th of a mile, so allow enough time for the walk. :)

We are on Allure now with 8pm dining. We had no issue making the 930 performance of Mama Mia. But we always let our waiters know we need to make a show time when we arrive at 8.

So glad to see this! We have the 8 p.m. dining and a 9:30 p.m. reservation for Mama Mia. I planned on letting our wait staff know, but it's still nice to hear that it should be doable. :):)