3 days in SJ - What to do?

joern

Hi

We have 3 days in San Juan 24-24/10 prior to a cruise. This is our first time in Puerto Rico and we are 5, 3 of them are 70+

Any ideas on what to do? My thoughts are a day in Old San Juan and maybe hire a car for a day, but not sure where to go, so will be grateful for some good ideas

We have just booked a second private tour with Ellis Fleischer. Our first one a couple years ago was an all day trip that took us into the interior to a town with a weekend pork roast and salsa dancing. The band leader noticed us as guests and welcomed us to their town. The pork was wonderful. This time he is going to take us to El Yunque rain forest, Coco Falls and the Yokohu tower. He can accommodate 6 people or 4 people with luggage. He was wonderful on our first trip - we had him booked for the day as we got off the ship. We ended up stranded in San Juan without a hotel when our flight was cancelled because of a Northeast Blizzard. He patiently worked with us finding a hotel - then took us and two others on the all day trip. Ask Ellis for ideas. He can be reached at fleisherellis@aol.com .

I've always wanted to check the Bioluminescent Bay - others have enjoyed the night tour.

If you have a senior parks pass there are two forts in Old San Juan to visit free.

We are active 70 year olds - and have walked the old San Juan area - be careful of the uneven bricks - I face-planted in the middle of a busy intersection! It is quite a distance to the large fort (El Morro).

• 1 month later...