How is disembarkation process in Port Canaveral?

Tangocherie

When we disembarked in Port Canaveral after our transatlantic cruise in November 2016, it was total mayhem to try to get on our rental car shuttle. There where no designated lines for each agency and people where running from line to line when they saw a shuttle coming along the road. There was lots of pushing and shoving. Since we are arriving at this port once again on November 17/2018 after another TA cruise, have the logistics of disembarkation improved or should we expect total chaos as in 2016?

you just highlighted the main issue

5 ship day .....

problem isn't the port .... it is the rental companies. This is a small town with a big port stuck in it. Most days are NOT 5 ships so the staffing of the rental offices is small.

A 5 ship day can create havoc .... the small offices get overwhelmed. On a two ship day everything is peachy keen and on a 5 ship day I stay FAR from the port!!!!

Gonna get worse too ..... building a new terminal for Carnival's new larger ships. And Disney' new larger ships are both gonna begin their lives here .....

Rental car chaos hasn’t changed at Port Canaveral. To save time get off the ship as early as possible and use a cab to get to the rental car facility. Not worth the hassle of fighting numerous passengers trying to get on the shuttles at the same time. I have witnessed many instances of passengers coming close to physically assaulting one another since my first cruise from Port Canaveral in 2012. I always figure extra time while disembarkating from a ship at Port Canaveral. At my age I’m usually never to a rush to get anywhere.