Which Cruise is more bang for the buck?

portertm

Hello Everyone, some guidance would be greatly appreciated!!

I am debating between 11-Day Scotland, England & Ireland: British Isles Heritage fromLondon (Southampton) OR 14-Day Iceland, Ireland & Norway: Mystical Fjordsfrom London (Southampton), with your experience which one would you say is MORE BANG for the buck?!

Thanks for your time!:):):):)

Iceland is so drivable, I would do the Scotland, England and Ireland cruise and save Iceland for a trip of its own. They drive on the right, have one main road around the whole island and in 11 days you can go in a lava tube, see black sand beaches with icebergs, high cliffs, small mountains literally purple from the lupine, enjoy hot springs, see geysers erupt, walk on glaciers, hike canyons and see over 200 waterfalls.

It depends on your goal. If you really want to see Europe, pick the cruise with the most ports of calls. Seas days can be fun but if you are from North America and spending a lot for airfare, then actually stopping and getting off of the ship to see Europe would provide the most "bang for the buck."

You can't go wrong with either choice. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Both cruises have 9 port calls, by the 14-day cruise has an overnight in Iceland and 3 sea days.

The Iceland cruise provides you with a wider diversity of ports and for that reason, we would pick that one. I think that 9 British/Irish ports will start to look the same after the the first few days (we have done a shorter British Isles cruise on Cunard in the past).

Iceland is so drivable, I would do the Scotland, England and Ireland cruise and save Iceland for a trip of its own. They drive on the right, have one main road around the whole island and in 11 days you can go in a lava tube, see black sand beaches with icebergs, high cliffs, small mountains literally purple from the lupine, enjoy hot springs, see geysers erupt, walk on glaciers, hike canyons and see over 200 waterfalls.

I second this suggestion. Iceland deserves at least a week of its own and with Icelandair and Wow vying for market share, there are some very good airfares from North America (US & CA), plus you aren't wasting time you could be seeing Europe watching the sea go by (although if you need down time for R&R, that might not be bad thing)

We did a cruise from England to Greenland, landing in Iceland in both directions - the time in port is just not enough. We booked our return flight to US from Iceland, got off in Reykjavik on the return leg, and skipped the 2-3 days to get back to England - worked well for us.