Royal Caribbean

I prefer Freedom because of the open-roofed Solarium. On Jewel, the so-called "retractable" roof is never opened, meaning there is no adult only place to tan. The main pool deck is crowded and noisy...no place to escape the noise and chaos with a pool! But, it does have a lovely outdoor WJ seating area...wish more ships had that feature!

• Thanks 1

Agree with the above. I've been on both and I really like Freedom. Ship has more amenities. Jewel is a nice ship, but just kind of bare-bones is the best way to describe it. However, depending on the destination, there are likely to be more kids on Freedom as it's more family friendly. If that is a consideration for you.

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2018 at 1:36 PM, schmeed said:

Agree with the above. I've been on both and I really like Freedom. Ship has more amenities. Jewel is a nice ship, but just kind of bare-bones is the best way to describe it. However, depending on the destination, there are likely to be more kids on Freedom as it's more family friendly. If that is a consideration for you.

On 9/9/2018 at 6:21 PM, Caribbean explorer gals said:

Hi does anyone recommend jewel of the seas or freedom of the seas for any reason? There are two similar itineraries I’m decking between? We are both middle aged and no kids. Thank you.

I much prefer Jewel over Freedom! I’ve been on Freedom 3 times and had 3 very bad experiences. 

Ive also been on Jewel and her sister ship Seranade I love them both. They are much smaller and gentile ships.

• Thanks 1

They are very different ships, we have been on Freedom and Jewel's sister ship. Go on Royal Caribbean's web site and look at deck plans, that will give you some sense of the ships.

https://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/our-ships/

Also check out when each ship had a facelift last.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/wiki/1047-royal-caribbean-drydock-refurbishments-schedule  scroll down, way down.

• Thanks 1