Bliss solo studios reviews

marktwothousand

I don't think I've seen a review specifically done on the Bliss studios. Can anyone find such a thread? I searched and nothing came up.

Wondering what solo cruisers have had to say about this new "virtual" window that's supposed to be in the Bliss studios, and how the quality of the new Bliss studio lounge is. I also heard Bliss studios are slightly smaller than those on other ships like Escape/Epic.

Also, can anyone who's been on Bliss comment on the quality of the solo cruisers program, where they meet, and how your hosts have been? Typically the other ships have a 5:30 meetup with the solo cruise director and then head for dinner. Has there been good turnout on Bliss?

I can't even find a single traveler photo of the the virtual window in action (only stock, brochure photos). Considering this was supposed to be a cool feature, I'm surprised its gotten so little mention. Did NCL even end up including it?

Hopefully CCers have posted Bliss studio reviews, so come on, help me find those threads or let me hear your thoughts.

For some reason I feel like I've read the beds are less wide on the Bliss - but I may be wrong!

I _feel_ like I might have read somewhere that the Bliss uses 1 full size bed in the studios now, rather than 2 twins pushed together...Can't remember where I might have seen that.

The others don't use two beds pushed together, they use a real queen size bed.

The studios on Bliss are identical to any other studio cabin in the fleet, other than the fake window.

The others don't use two beds pushed together, they use a real queen size bed.

The studios on Bliss are identical to any other studio cabin in the fleet, other than the fake window.

This is correct...the bed appears to be a bit smaller because it is tucked into the 'wall' where the virtual window is located. You can pull it out if you need the space.

I was on the Bliss Panama Canal sailing and our solo meetings were well attended. We had a great Studio host (Jose) who did his best to get everyone into the various shows and events (such as Silent Disco) during the cruise. He also hosted dinners, which I didn't attend as I already had plans. He did go on vacation so not sure if he is back or who is in the Lounge now.

I have only seen them advertised in studio lounges on ships with studios or in a certain bar or lounge on older ships. Occasionally I’ve seen embarkation day been held out of the studio lounge as people prefer to watch sailaway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Were the solo meetups held at the studio lounge or other venue? I have seen them being held at other venues on some ships (bars).

On the Getaway nothing is held in the studio lounge. It is really small. I expect Bliss is the same way, and this allows solos not in the studios to attend the meetings.

On the Getaway nothing is held in the studio lounge. It is really small. I expect Bliss is the same way, and this allows solos not in the studios to attend the meetings.

On my Bliss sailing, all the 5pm meetings were held in the Studio Lounge (it is all one level and bigger than Getaway). They kept the door unlocked so all solos could attend even if not in a Studio cabin. We probably had 30-40 people a night at our meetings. It was a good group.