Unlimited meal time drink service charge?

Mattnvick

Can anyone who has sailed Seaside recently and had the Unlimited Meal Time Drink Package please tell me if its the same as the Drinks on Us package that adds the 15% service charge to every drink, or is it includes like in the Classic and Deluxe package.?

Thank you

Can anyone who has sailed Seaside recently and had the Unlimited Meal Time Drink Package please tell me if its the same as the Drinks on Us package that adds the 15% service charge to every drink, or is it includes like in the Classic and Deluxe package.?

Thank you

They are different.

They are different.

I know they are different packages!

What I asked was is it like the drinks on us where they add a 15% service charge to every drink you get and it appears on your bill at the end for settling before you disembark. Or is it like the classic package where the service charge is already included if you buy before you sail.

There is no service charge added unless the package is purchased onboard, where 15% will be added to the overall cost - not to each drinks order.

Bea on the MSC website it stays (and unfortunately I can't copy and paste it) in the Drinks on us frequently asked questions

..."the drink on us package does not include service charge. A 15% service charge on the nominal price of the drink ordered will automatically be added to your onboard charges and final statement.

I know this doesn't happen with the classic or deluxe package if you have purchased beforehand and even if you do on board its for the package not the drink.

The package we have is Unlimited Meal Time and it was only available for a very short time. Now it's disappeared and i can't find any information on whether they treat it like the Drink on Us or like the other 2.

The 'Mealtime Drinks Package' was originally known as 'Cheers' and is treated in the same way as the Classic & Deluxe packages i.e. it only incurs the 15% service charge if purchased onboard. The 'Drinks on Us' is a completely different situation as it is a promotion specifically aimed at the US market, whereas the 'Mealtime' package is universal and not a promotional gimmick.

See under "General Terms & Conditions" at the bottom of the following, which confirms what I'm saying:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

Bea is correct: we had the mealtime drinks package on the Divina; there are no gratuities added upon consumption. It is actually rather generous as there are extended hours in the buffet at both lunch & dinner during which you can get bottled water/draft beer/soda/wine. Granted the selections are not extensive but if you work it properly you will be just fine. (I'd sent hubby up to the dinner buffet just as it opened to get 2 glasses of wine which we'd have in our cabin BEFORE we headed to formal dinner). Then we had table service. Since there were 3 of us at the table the waiter just left a bottle of wine for us.

Bea is correct: we had the mealtime drinks package on the Divina; there are no gratuities added upon consumption. It is actually rather generous as there are extended hours in the buffet at both lunch & dinner during which you can get bottled water/draft beer/soda/wine. Granted the selections are not extensive but if you work it properly you will be just fine. (I'd sent hubby up to the dinner buffet just as it opened to get 2 glasses of wine which we'd have in our cabin BEFORE we headed to formal dinner). Then we had table service. Since there were 3 of us at the table the waiter just left a bottle of wine for us.

Thank you! Thats exactly what i needed to know. I did read Bea's link the only thing that concerned me with it was that there was no cheers or meal time drinks pkg shown to be offered for the Caribbean at all it was just the Med and other places.

What i was really hoping for was a reply from someone who had had it and already sailed either Divina or Seaside. So thank you