Post Cruise on Fascination - San Juan Question

jomoin

We will be docking in San Juan on Sunday, Oct. 7th and our flight has been delayed and does not leave until 4:00 pm. We have already paid Carnival for ship to airport transfers. We would like to spend the time visiting Old San Juan, but we are not sure what we can do with our luggage and carry-ons. Also, will we lose our money for the transfers if we decide to tour the town before going to the airport? Any suggestions?

If you just paid for transportation to and from the airport, I would reconsider. A cab is better than what Carnival sells.

Post cruise, you do not need any reservations. As soon as you exit the terminal, the excursion vendors will find you. They give you a tour and drop off at the airport.

If you just want to tour Old San Juan on your own, and need a place to stash your bags, there are restaurants near the port which will do that for around $3 a bag. Then you can just get a cab when you claim the bags.

We sailed Aug 19th cruise and had a late flight (4:00 pm). We took a tour (SH Happy tours) when we left the ship and wished we hadn't. We sat on a new bus for 45 minutes waiting for them to find more people and then switched to a different bus that was old with limited air conditioner. Tour consisted of touring around Old San Juan to Condado with a stop at the beach, and outside the fort (about 30 minutes total). We were dropped off in Old San Juan for an 1 1/2 then driven to the airport. My original intent was to take my luggage to Barrachina to be held there, explore Old San Juan, grab lunch and then take a cab to the airport. I wish I had stuck with my original plans.

We sailed Aug 19th cruise and had a late flight (4:00 pm). We took a tour (SH Happy tours) when we left the ship and wished we hadn't. We sat on a new bus for 45 minutes waiting for them to find more people and then switched to a different bus that was old with limited air conditioner. Tour consisted of touring around Old San Juan to Condado with a stop at the beach, and outside the fort (about 30 minutes total). We were dropped off in Old San Juan for an 1 1/2 then driven to the airport. My original intent was to take my luggage to Barrachina to be held there, explore Old San Juan, grab lunch and then take a cab to the airport. I wish I had stuck with my original plans.

Thanks for the heads up!

I don't remember what hotel it is, but there is one almost right across the street from the port that will store your luggage for a small fee. (We did this in 2017, so I do not remember the exact fee, but it was small.)

We explored one of the forts before taking a cab to the airport. With the amount of time you have, you may be able to explore a few of them.

I don't remember what hotel it is, but there is one almost right across the street from the port that will store your luggage for a small fee. (We did this in 2017, so I do not remember the exact fee, but it was small.)

We explored one of the forts before taking a cab to the airport. With the amount of time you have, you may be able to explore a few of them.

Sheraton Old San Juan. You can probably call them to see if they still offer this service.

jj

We will be docking in San Juan on Sunday, Oct. 7th and our flight has been delayed and does not leave until 4:00 pm. We have already paid Carnival for ship to airport transfers. We would like to spend the time visiting Old San Juan, but we are not sure what we can do with our luggage and carry-ons. Also, will we lose our money for the transfers if we decide to tour the town before going to the airport? Any suggestions?

At least for your regular luggage you can leave those at the port and then spend time on old San Juan. Carry ons are another thing entirely.

Thanks!

Uber is now available in San Juan. I used it last time to go from the Sheraton Puerto Rico (at the Convention Center) to the Condado area and my fare was $3.75. Can’t beat that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums