Krazy Lobster Questions

kayjaypea42

Hi all! Thinking of doing Krazy Lobster in Costa Maya, but I have a few questions.

1.) How do I get there? How do I get back to the ship?

2.) About how much is a lobster? Do I have to pay in pesos or are US dollars ok?

3.) Does anyone know how much the snorkeling trip is from there?

4.) If anyone's gone recently, how's the seaweed situation?

5.) Sand lice?

6.) Is it true that they'll give you a free margarita? Is it a sample size or something? If so, how much for a real one?

7.) Anything else I should know?

Thank you all so much! Love this forum!

Take the tram from port. Tell the driver you want to get off at Krazy Lobster. People heading to Tropicante will probably get off at the same stop. You need a taxi to get back. There's a taxi stand just around the corner on Calle Sierra. The folks at KL will direct you.

Seaweed/seagrass is variable. But they generally rake it up. No "sea lice" or sand flies.

Other questions should be answerable off this website. they also have an FB page.

http://videodirectorios.com/krazy_lobster_mahahual.html?utm_source=tripadvisor&utm_medium=referral

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all! Thinking of doing Krazy Lobster in Costa Maya, but I have a few questions.

1.) How do I get there? How do I get back to the ship?

2.) About how much is a lobster? Do I have to pay in pesos or are US dollars ok?

3.) Does anyone know how much the snorkeling trip is from there?

4.) If anyone's gone recently, how's the seaweed situation?

5.) Sand lice?

6.) Is it true that they'll give you a free margarita? Is it a sample size or something? If so, how much for a real one?

7.) Anything else I should know?

Thank you all so much! Love this forum!

We LOVE it there! Def recommend it. I think it was $20 for lobster, but we didn't get it because there were so many other things we wanted. Very cheap prices, btw. $3/guac, $8 for plate FULL of shrimp tacos, at least 12 shrimp on each taco times 3, hubby got steak fajitas, loved them, too much to finish though! $1 Corona minis/bucket $5....just can't beat it! US $$ are accepted....seaweed not noticable, free margaritas are little dixie cups, full size drinks are like less than $5...you should go. It's way cheaper than Tropicante.