Carnival's WIFI Plans

MsMot

We are so excited to be sailing next week on the Horizon. On our last cruise, I purchased the mid-range Wifi plan. I want to purchase a plan this time, but I'm thinking that we would only need it for the days at sea. Does anyone know if we can purchase daily plans? I don't see any reason to pay for eight days and only use the service three or four days.

Can you share the WiFi with family members...one person login at a time?

You can share the plan with family members but only one device may use the WiFi at a time. If one person is on the WiFi and another logs on, the first person will get booted off.

Still trying to confirm use of the Hub App won't require a purchase of a Wi-Fi plan?

My understanding is we turn on Airplane Mode on the phone (shutting off cellular service), then we log into the ships wi-fi (just like at a stateside hotel). Then we open the Hub App and can send texts to other users of the App.

I understand this is not for web browsing of any kind (websites, checking email, etc). Only for texting others via the Hub App.

Have I got this correct?

If this is correct, will any other wi-fi enabled app be available for us to use without paying for a wi-fi plan?

I'm thinking about games and especially DUO which we've used to communicate across phone platforms while in airplane mode and logged into hotel wi-fi.

(I wish we could practice with Hub before we sail...but (sigh) we cannot).

I also want to confirm the texting portion of this app will be charged to us at $5 per device for the length of the sailing and not $5/day per device. We have 10 devices and want to confirm we'll be charged $50 and not $350 to stay in contact via text.

Thanks for letting me jump in.

Still trying to confirm use of the Hub App won't require a purchase of a Wi-Fi plan?

My understanding is we turn on Airplane Mode on the phone (shutting off cellular service), then we log into the ships wi-fi (just like at a stateside hotel). Then we open the Hub App and can send texts to other users of the App.

I understand this is not for web browsing of any kind (websites, checking email, etc). Only for texting others via the Hub App.

Have I got this correct?

If this is correct, will any other wi-fi enabled app be available for us to use without paying for a wi-fi plan?

I'm thinking about games and especially DUO which we've used to communicate across phone platforms while in airplane mode and logged into hotel wi-fi.

(I wish we could practice with Hub before we sail...but (sigh) we cannot).

I also want to confirm the texting portion of this app will be charged to us at $5 per device for the length of the sailing and not $5/day per device. We have 10 devices and want to confirm we'll be charged $50 and not $350 to stay in contact via text.

Thanks for letting me jump in.

Hub app: You are correct in the set up. Place phone in Airplane mode and turn WiFi on. Connect to ship WiFi, then access hub app. Pay $5 for texting (cost is per cruise, per person) This is attached to your portfolio, so you can use it on any of your devices (only one can be "active" at a time). For example I signed up on my cellphone, and used it on that device and my tablet to communicate with family and friends on the cruise. But only one device worked at a time.

No other apps will work with this plan. So, no duo, FaceTime, etc. Unless you but a WiFi plan that includes those services.

-Randy

"

(I wish we could practice with Hub before we sail...but (sigh) we cannot)."

There is nothing to practice, it's self explanatory. You download from the App store at home before you cruise. The App has deck plans, fun times, meal times, show times, and a wealth of onboard information.

So we can buy one day Wifi on the Horizon? Or can we buy X # of minutes for the week? I too would like to Duo my kids a couple times or just Facebook with them and also need to log into my timeshare website at 8am on Oct 7th so that I can book a tough to get reservation. What is my cheapest option? It seems like pre paying for wifi is a per day and per guest in room deal (like we have to pay for all 8 days and for both of us in the room like the drink package).