Voyager interior #8111 or guarantee?

IMNiles

Despite having booked a guarantee, and not having made final payment yet, RCCL went ahead and assigned me a 'lovely' far-forward 'Q' stateroom #8111. I don't actually mind being at the front of the ship, but am considering flipping the rez back to "guarantee" (they are still available) on the off-chance that the upgrade fairy will put me somewhere better. The question is, are there WORSE staterooms on Voyager than #8111? Should I stay or should I go?

[i should point out that this is a 13 night transatlantic cruise]

Thanks!

Despite having booked a guarantee, and not having made final payment yet, RCCL went ahead and assigned me a 'lovely' far-forward 'Q' stateroom #8111. I don't actually mind being at the front of the ship, but am considering flipping the rez back to "guarantee" (they are still available) on the off-chance that the upgrade fairy will put me somewhere better. The question is, are there WORSE staterooms on Voyager than #8111? Should I stay or should I go?

[i should point out that this is a 13 night transatlantic cruise]

Thanks!

I would cancel in a minute, you have nothing to lose, if there is a worse cabin on the ship it has to be in the crew quarters many,many decks below.

If you booked directly with Royal Caribbean yourself you might even consider calling them and just pick an inside cabin that is available now and just plainly ask for that cabin, tell them nicely if they don't allow the change you are canceling anyway and will get a new cabin # anyway.

You got the lowest possibly inside category Cabin anyway, by assigning you a cabin already they are hopeing you would not of found out until after final payment and wouldn't have complained or canceled and rebooked.

My personal guess is they will give you any inside cabin you want. If they don't just cancel. If you Air Price is included in your overall price just make sure that air price doesn't change if you cancel and rebook, most likely though since you booked a Guarantee they may not even offer cruise Air with your package,

Good Luck

Jimbo:)

Well, that didn't last long! I flipped it back to a guarantee, and now we've been placed in #6451, which is an "N" instead of a "Q" and not so close to the end of the ship, so I suppose it's an improvement. Even so, I was hoping for a better shot at the upgrade fairy. oh well! (incidentally, the 'edit' button has now disappeared from my reservation)

Jimbo - why 1353 or 1357?

No real reason, we just like the higher deck and a cabin from the middle to the back of the ship. Find it's a smoother ride back there plus on the Voyager Class ship deck 10 is closer to the Pool and Windjammer.

Cabin #8471 is showing as available in the same Category you have, Category N if you call RCCL and if you booked directly with the cruiseline yourself I'm sure you could switch to that cabin. Don't mention anything about that you booked a GTY, just say you are presently in Cabin #6451 and would like to switch to #8471.

Good Luck

#9597 is a nice location also for an inside cabin, It's a Category M though, you might ask for that one first, if they say no hang up and call again and try getting the one on deck 8 that I mentioned above.

Archived