Come/Wine question

jwildflower1981

Ive bought soda, even not in cans in ports and its been allowed. Its a lot more expensive in ports, but they let me carry it back onboard.

though they might be more strict, or it varys by ship. soda was about 3X more in ports, almost as much as onboard.

Cozumel shouldnt be too bad though. Caymans and ones in Eastern was where it was really high. Ive bought a bottle of water in Cozumel and they let me board with it too.

btw there is a pretty cheap 7-11 in cozumel just across from the port. Easy to find pop and water there if you wanted some. I just wanted water for a excursion the next day. But i bought orange soda there too to drink and handnt finished it and walked on with it.

The 7-11 across from the port in Cozumel is going to be as cheap as anywhere else you are going to find, from my experience.

" soda was about 3X more in ports, almost as much as onboard."

not really, depending which port and how far from the terminal you go. St. Thomas is as cheap as the stateside stores.

" Ive bought a bottle of water in Cozumel and they let me board with it too."

I am having a hard time understanding why you are posting this, as it strictly is against the rules. It almost seems like you are encouraging people to try and board with bottled water. every single time we board they are always confiscating bottled water.

"soda was about 3X more in ports, almost as much as onboard."

not really, depending which port and how far from the terminal you go. St. Thomas is as cheap as the stateside stores.

"Ive bought a bottle of water in Cozumel and they let me board with it too."

I am having a hard time understanding why you are posting this, as it strictly is against the rules. It almost seems like you are encouraging people to try and board with bottled water. every single time we board they are always confiscating bottled water.

Hmm......I seem to remember taking multiple bottles of H2O back onboard at most ports?? Is this a new restriction??

I’ve never had trouble bringing back onboard a bottle of half empty water. I think maybe I’ve seen the crew smell it once to make sure it wasn’t liquor. Or maybe they made my BF take the lid off his yeti? It’s possible that vodka/rum has been put in a water bottle and carried back onboard in a backpack as well.

"soda was about 3X more in ports, almost as much as onboard."

"Ive bought a bottle of water in Cozumel and they let me board with it too."

could you post a link to these rules or are you assuming the rules when you board originally are the same at ports?

maybe they are confiscating them.

Cozumel is the only time i bought a bottle of water and brought it back abroad.

and no i dont remember which port it was where soda was so darn expensive. seems like i was in drug stores, maybe was jamaicea, where i was looking for something for my sister who hurt something. They actually had to walk you to the back part of their drug stoes, and soda was very high.

I never said soda was high in every port. duh!!! of course it varys by port.

Im not even a soda drinker, my sister is and maybe because she is hc they didnt say anything about a older lady with a bottle of soda, idk, but we had gone after something medicinal like a muscle rub, wasnt easy in jamaica i think it was. one of those eastern caribbean ports.

but id still like to see the rule where it says the original boarding rules are the same when you board in every port.

I know about fruit, cant bring a cocktail back, because of the fruit, might have bugs.

ya all might be right, i just know what ive done. maybe things have really changed in the past year, but id still like to see this rule on the carnival.com site. just for my own references.

i havent cruised since last dec.

btw when i went to tulum on a carnival excursion and they handed us a bottle of water and chips or something when we reboarded the bus.

I walked back onto the ship with the bottle of water from my carnival exursion too. I just wasnt aware of this rule and never had a problem before.

But no im not saying to break any rules. I dont know of this rule about reboarding with a bottle of water in my hand. please post this rule. im cruising in Nov and would like facts.

Could be the rules changed, or could be because Im old and only had one bottle of water or soda in my hand they let it slide, idk.

Since i wasnt aware of this rule, i didnt know i was breaking it.

I know how strict they are about fruit, but one bottle of water? maybe they knew it wasnt booze, or just let me slide or the rules changed. If they changed i just wanted the link about this new rule.

As i said i never had more than 1 bottle i was drinking at the time, and i didnt try and hide it. no one said a word, but rules change.

Just trying to catch up.

Edited by firefly333

• 2 weeks later...
I see in the FAQ's on the Carnival website that the corkage fee is $15/bottle of wine if wanting it in the dining room or specialty restaurant. Can you have the bottle of wine in your room without paying the corkage fee?

Of course you can. You can also pour yourself a glass and take it to the dining room with you. :)

" soda was about 3X more in ports, almost as much as onboard."

" Ive bought a bottle of water in Cozumel and they let me board with it too."

When the ‘no bottles water’ rule started they weren’t allowing non-alcoholic bottles to be brought onboard, even if you wanted them held until debarkation. They’ve eased up on that restriction.