Pursuit Cabins 4060/62/64/66/68?????

jccruiser

I can understand why some of the comments were made in these reviews.  The circumstances on the cruise out of Lima were unique so I do not think all the review content is fair but the comments about the Destination lecturer (the much hyped replacement was absolutely appalling both in terms of content and his behaviour) and the Den pianist (it was sad the original performer had to leave for family reasons but the replacement again much hyped was terrible) are very valid.  There were too many over promises and under delivery in respect of the entertainment and activities which was a massive change from the previous two cruises which we were also on.

For us, the main dining room was very good apart from one night when we had a careless server who did not pay sufficient attention to the allergy needs of DH, luckily his error was spotted by us before serious harm was done.  Although we had a suite, we chose to eat in the MDR as the standard of food and service in Aqualina had dropped so much from the previous trips - we hope this was a temporary blip and the ship were aware of it from guest feedback during the cruise.

Bar/Mosaic service had blips, there seemed to be blind spot seats and some servers were far better at looking out for everyone than others.  

The new Captain is excellent he and the new Hotel Director was very visible and listening to feedback  Others were much less visible, not sure why.  

I would see Pursuit as work in progress still but with the right ongoing training of all staff and a general focus on keeping up standards across all areas and learning from feedback, all should be well for when you sail.

Edited by uktog
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We got on at Lima after a fantastic tour of Machu Picchu through Azamara. 21 of us were on that tour and we were well taken care of.  Return to Lima and the ship we were supposed to go to a hotel about 45 mins away from the port while we were only about fifteen mins.  The ship agreed that our guides could take us directly to the dock.

Yes there were some glitches along the way but I do feel that nobody on any cruise is immune from glitches and port cancellations. We were a bit disappointed with the first missed port but we went with the flow and carried on. When we got closer to Ushuaia it was well known that there was only a 50/50 chance of getting to the Falklands. Since we were going to do the 4x4 tour to see the king penguins I decided to to change one of our Ushuaia tours to go see the penguins on Isle de Magdalene just in case. Worked out I did the right thing.

For us this was a fantastic 21 days overall.

The back to back were so different regarding the ambience on board ship.  We did the Christmas tour too. The guests had a totally different agenda except for the few of us who had stayed on. We enjoyed the excursions we did book except for one of which we reported to say it didn’t live up to what was described at all. we were compensated with a partial refund ,no questions asked. 

Like you I think Pursuit will eventually become a well oiled ship with staff  that are fully trained. We do know that staff from the othe ships had been brought aboard to train the new staff. My husband met our old cabin stewards from last Christmas on the Quest.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I am reviving this old post in the hopes that someone can provide info on these cabins. Are they quiet? What is the size of the window? Is it more of a porthole size or is it a window?  We will be on the Quest so info on that sip is appreciated.  Thanks to anyone who has answers!

Edited by kaceyisme