Msc my choice dining question

Nuggy23

Hi all. Could anyone fill me in on the my choice dining option on the aurea experience.

We have never cruised before so we are complete newbies!! Do we have to reserve our table each day or do we just turn up at the restaurant at any time without a reservation and wait to be seated?

Thanks in advance for any info

Sent from my SM-G935F using Forums mobile app

You can turn up anytime at the MDR during the times stated on the daily planner. However, you may have to wait for a table (but usually not for long) if you go at the busiest times. If you go early (as we always do) you can actually have the same table every evening; just let the host/hostess know that you'd prefer that particular table.

On our recent cruise, dinner started at 7pm (which was perfect for us). One night we had an event to attend that was being held at 7pm; we informed the hostess that lunchtime that we would be late and she kindly held our favoured table for us. However, there were others who came late like us, but their tables had been allocated to others.

You cannot book a specific table, it's first come, first served.

The ship will very possibly be sailing at full capacity. We sailed Meraviglia in June last year - it was just after her inaugural. We were in YC so can't say how MyChoice was. There was a very lengthy review done from an Aurea perspective by a poster named kikki21. It'll be difficult to find at this stage but you could give it a shot.