Prinsendam--advice on cabin upgrading?

kaymoz

We recently booked an oceanview cabin on the Prinsendam for June, but would really like a balcony when the upgrade price drops as the sail date draws closer.

Our booking agent said that unlike some cruiselines, HAL doesn't notify agents when the balconies come available for this kind of cabin shifting, so that we need to check the website periodically. Not being one to obsessively check things daily when it's not necessary, I'd like to know when the right time is so I don't miss a good opportunity due to too much casualness. (The agent didn't say much on that point!)

Does anyone have insights to share about the HAL process & timeline for "bargain" cabin upgrading? Would it be different for Prinsendam than for the larger ships?

Keep in mind that the Prinsendam is leaving the fleet effective July 1, 2019, when she returns to Amsterdam. Since the voyages in June [british Isles and Norway] are its last as a HAL ship, they may be sold out and there may be no upsells much less price drops.

Keep in mind that the Prinsendam is leaving the fleet effective July 1, 2019, when she returns to Amsterdam. Since the voyages in June [british Isles and Norway] are its last as a HAL ship, they may be sold out and there may be no upsells much less price drops.

We were on the Prinsendam in August and talking to the FCC, she said the last voyages were selling out fast. We booked one in April and unlike previous cruises were we have been able to take advantage of sales/price drops, I not expecting to pay any less that the price we booked at this time.

On the last cruise the Website shows that Vistas and up are already sold out. A trial booking for the previous one has all the Neptunes sold-out and only about 6 SS and 6 Vistas left.

Oh well. Going to miss that ship for sure.

Cheers,

We were on the Prinsendam in August and talking to the FCC, she said the last voyages were selling out fast. We booked one in April and unlike previous cruises were we have been able to take advantage of sales/price drops, I not expecting to pay any less that the price we booked at this time.

On the last cruise the Website shows that Vistas and up are already sold out. A trial booking for the previous one has all the Neptunes sold-out and only about 6 SS and 6 Vistas left.

Oh well. Going to miss that ship for sure.

Cheers,

I agree so much with this post.

this ship has a lot of fans and I wouldn't expect it to have a lot of "cheap" upsells - instead, I expect this sailing to be sold out.

I actually looked at it myself as I would love to be on the last one. I know it will be sad, but it will also be special.

When I looked there weren't a lot of cabins left to choose from Verandah and up.

We sailed on the P-dam this summer and were able to upgrade from an oceanview to Vista suite about two months before our departure. While we were on board HAL announced the sale of the ship. I think business picked up at the Future Cruise desk immediately. Good luck.

Paul

Just by coincidence, I received an e-mail from TA a couple hours ago offering an outside-to-verandah upsell on the Prinsendam's November Amazon sailing. I wouldn't describe it as a "cheap" upsell exactly - though less than what a new verandah booking would be, it's an additional 55% over our initial fare. I called HAL anyway to find out the details, but their system is down.